What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?  (Read 7284 times)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:31 am »
The backyard thermometer hit 103o yesterday in Virginia Beach, last night it was 89 at 11 PM.

My tub was at 106o last night and I took it for about 10 mintues before I called it quits.

Anyone else out there having the same fun?

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:35:31 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:44:24 am »
I used it last night but this is what I did first.
It was 90°+ last night here in upstate NY.
Earlier, I got the hose out and removed some water. Then I topped it off with nice, cold tap water which brought the temp down to 92° F. Added some bromine granules, got the jets going. An hour later, the wife and I were relaxing in the cool water.

It was refreshing. We don't have central air in our place - just a couple of window a/c units in the bedrooms. It was hot all night long so taking a dip in the (not-so-) hot tub felt great. ;D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:00:55 pm »
Here in MA,  I used my spa Sunday night.   Air Temp was in the 80's. I had a sore shoulder and the tub felt great.

It's been in the high 90s, maybe even over 100 the past few days.  I have no desire to go in the hot tub in this weather.

My above ground pool was at 92 yesterday. I can only imagine what the hot tub was at.  :P
07 Caldera Geneva

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 01:04:56 pm »
eastern long island was only in the mid 90's, but hot  tub was 106.....too hot for me

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 04:30:37 pm »
Been in the upper 90's all week here in NY. Have tub set at 96 deg and it gets to 102 but its not in direct sun all day. Been tubbing every night this week after 9:00 when it cools to the mid 80's. Don't mind the heat because WINTER is coming and I would rather not shovel the white stuff.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:49:52 pm »
Went into the pool last night and the water was 92. As I got out a breeze was blowing , it felt chilly even with the air temps in the 90's and I thought it would be nice to tub. Opened the cover and it was 104 - too HOT! Closed cover and went into air conditioned house.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:50:46 pm by Vinny »

The_Bends

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 05:33:39 pm »
My Arctic is at 97, that is quite alright with the temps outside!
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 06:15:21 pm »
Haven't tubbed in 2 nights.  Was having withdrawal symptoms.  Went in this morning before it got too hot.   Supposed to cool down tonight.  Yay.....can't wait.

I can't wait to be tubbing in the winter!!!  Everyone says it's so great!  

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 08:00:51 pm »
Hot here in southern Mass. My tub is 97 I went in it Sunday night and havent been in it since. I have been on the boat after work until 9:30 or so. Its a lot cooler on the water. ;)

Razzman

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
Here in MA,  I used my spa Sunday night.   Air Temp was in the 80's. I had a sore shoulder and the tub felt great.

It's been in the high 90s, maybe even over 100 the past few days.  I have no desire to go in the hot tub in this weather.

My above ground pool was at 92 yesterday. I can only imagine what the hot tub was at.  :P

The heatwave y'all are experiencing hit the west coast first, had 110 plus for 8 days with a high of 113! My inground pool got up to 97! Was handing out soap-on-a-rope to all swimmers! LOL!

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 09:13:19 pm »
When it was Hell in L.A. (last week), I was in the tub. I've turned it all the way down, and it dropped to 90. Felt good.
Now, it's at 82!!  ;D

The problem with those temps (at least the 90 temp, haven't been in  since it dropped lower) is that you can go in, and then never leave.
It's a big problem.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:07:41 pm »
When it was Hell in L.A. (last week), I was in the tub. I've turned it all the way down, and it dropped to 90. Felt good.
Now, it's at 82!!  ;D

The problem with those temps (at least the 90 temp, haven't been in  since it dropped lower) is that you can go in, and then never leave.
It's a big problem.

Is your tub in the Hotel California?

My wife wanted me to lower the temp from 101 to 98 so that the one time she goes in a year - it's the right temp. As a good husband, I complied and it was too cold in there for a good soak. Since that one day wasn't approaching any time soon I put it back to 101 and man what a pleasant soak! I really like my tub at 101 to 102, it'll hit 103 with heater over shoot for a few minutes when I set it at 102 but when it's 20 outside - it's great!

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:26 pm »
Here in Western Mass it's been very hot & humid lately. I lowered my tub to around 94 and it feels great...especially after getting out of the 86 degree pool.

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 01:48:35 am »
Sunday night was 72, I went in then for a bit.  Skipped the last few nights as it's been too hot, tonight the weather finally broke again and it's about 68 degrees out now but raining.  Tomorrow's outlook looks good!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:35 am »
Wow.  I didn't now there where that many fellow MA folks here in the fourum!

I'm still not using the tub. Too hot. It''s cooled down signifcantly here the past day or so, maybe this weekend.

My wife reported the Above ground pool was at 96 the other day.....holy cow.  We drained some off and filled it with colld water. Perhaps some folks could do that with their tub? partial drain and fill with cold water from the spigot?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42