What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for HS dealers and users.  (Read 3602 times)

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Question for HS dealers and users.
« on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:46 am »
Have any of you tried the filters for Hot Spring et al. that Micro Pure makes?

www.micropure.ca

Hot Tub Forum

Question for HS dealers and users.
« on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:46 am »

anne

Re: Question for HS dealers and users.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 03:51:04 pm »
'Fraid I'm not an HS owner, but I have tried them. Are you wondering if your clients will like them?
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
No sir, I've never even heard of them.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:23:57 pm »
ummmm.....no. should I? what's the cost per filter? how long do they last, and what are the perks I'll gain by using them over the standard Tri-x that I use now?
(no, I'm not being facetious, just trying to make sure what's available and what's best for our purposes)
RIP C-Rod

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:59:26 pm »
I use them here on the floor.  Response hasn't been overwhelming from customers, though.

They're about the same cost as a standard 30 sq. ft. Hot Spring cartridge, but they will filter down to 1 micron (similar to the MicroClean system from Sundance).  After 3-5 months you just throw it away.  I put it on the gray stacks.

TubsAndCues

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 08:42:20 pm »
Can't say I'd heard of them either, but I do know a few customers who might be interested in them.  Keep us updated on any good or bad you see.

anne

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 10:04:11 pm »
Here's my limited input on them, and I am in no way an expert. Some of this was in a thread a while back, too, summarized here, for ease:

Pro:

1. No cleaning, just replace every 3-4 months, so they are easy.
2. Very low micron level filtration (1 micron)
3. Micropure's website and it's reps vaguely indicate that Micropure "eliminates the need for stain and scale" by helping to remove "minerals", but when I asked directly if the filter was removing calcium from my water, he said no. His opninion: not to worry about scale and just replace my heater element in a few years! N0 thanks....

Con:

1. Expensive ($30-40 each, replace every 3-4 months)
2. Disposable- this would seem to be a con to me, for the waste factor, but I wonder if all the chems. etc to clean a regular filter are just as bad.
3. While the company likes to say that "you dont need" clarifiers, Defender, etc, what this also means is that you CANNOT USE these. They destroy the filter. I managed to do this myself.

Due to my hard water, I feel more comfortable adding Defender weekly to prevent scale, so I went back to regular pleated filters. I use clarifier very rarely, but if I have people over with lotion on, or other odd water clarity issues, I like to know that I CAN.

Back when I was looking into Micropure, and speaking with the rep, he said that something new was going to come out to remove calcium and other stuff. I just checked out the website, and this might be what he was referring to:
  http://www.micropure.ca/rescue.htm

That is my 2 cents!
Dance like nobody's watching

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 04:39:50 pm »
The Sundance Microclean I (50 sf) filters down to 1 micron as the micropure filter does.  The difference is it filters only through the low flow circ pump.  The other side of that filter system is a 75 sf standard pleated filter that filters water through a high flow therapy pump.  When Sundance moved to the Microclean II system (125 sf), they went to a 5 micron filter that does not resemble the 1 micron filter, coupled with a high flow circ pump.

If Sundance can't or won't run their higher flow pumps through a 1 micron filter, how can a Micropure filter work without starving the pumps or reducing efficiency?

The_real_Clown_Shoes

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 05:12:59 pm »
I'm not advocating the use of them for all three to five filters, but if you buy a set of 5, and you have a HS tub with Tri-X filters, you can swap out the Tri-X filters as you clean them and still have filters that will last quite a while after.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 05:12:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42