What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: researching D1 & have questions Ozone / neck brace  (Read 3779 times)

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
researching D1 & have questions Ozone / neck brace
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:54:53 pm »
I've been researching hot tubs for the past month and this weekend cheched out the D1 Lotus spa.  I visited two different dealers in my region and both are rather new ( 2 years, the othe less than a year).  I like the tub, but i'm tentitive about new dealerships, plus the tubs on the high price.  

Has anyone had any problems with the adjustable neck braces?  They seem a little cheap,and I had trouble sliding them up and down.

Does D1 use both UV bulb and CD ozone system together on the lotus spa?  The dealer told me they use both, but I can't seem to locate anything about D1 ozone systems at D1 site.  Plus this just doesn't sound right more like a use car salesman pitch.

Other tubs i've researched and wet tested:
HS Grandee / Envoy  --> Wet tested really liked
Sundance Optima  -->  Wet tested --> HS jets I liked better
Coleman 470  -->  Wet tested -->  Didn't like the fact you had to lower yourself into the neck braces.
Arctic Summit  -->  Nice tub, but the sitting seemed shallow.
Arctic tundra --> Waiting for dealer to have one in show room to wet test.

Hot Tub Forum

researching D1 & have questions Ozone / neck brace
« on: August 06, 2006, 10:54:53 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: researching D1 & have questions Ozone / neck b
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:14:50 pm »
I've been researching hot tubs for the past month and this weekend cheched out the D1 Lotus spa.  I visited two different dealers in my region and both are rather new ( 2 years, the othe less than a year).  I like the tub, but i'm tentitive about new dealerships, plus the tubs on the high price.  

Has anyone had any problems with the adjustable neck braces?  They seem a little cheap,and I had trouble sliding them up and down.

Does D1 use both UV bulb and CD ozone system together on the lotus spa?  The dealer told me they use both, but I can't seem to locate anything about D1 ozone systems at D1 site.  Plus this just doesn't sound right more like a use car salesman pitch.

Coleman 470  -->  Wet tested -->  Didn't like the fact you had to lower yourself into the neck braces.

Very interesting. Are you saying that you prefered the HS jets over Sundance? Perhaps you enjoyed the DX Moto Massage? Can you further evaluate?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 03:04:27 am »
. Are you saying that you prefered the HS jets over Sundance?

I did too. Love the Moto. Sundance jets were way too strong, especially the foot-well ones.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 03:04:47 am by cooltoy2000 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:55:46 am »
Regardless of how long the dealership has been around D1 is one of the older manufactures out there with a proven track record of taking care of customers. Being a military town we take care of spas from all over the country that have been moved here and find the customers are loyal to D1 as a brand for the customer service they've received at a factory level.
Not sure why you would call them cheap? No the NFJ pillows are reliable....Last year we had a few that we had to re-glue rails but it was due to an adhesive from a vendor and a 10 minuet repair in the field. As far as trouble sliding them up and down, once you know how it works it's a piece of cake!
D1 does use both depending on the contact chamber and output but not both on one spa.

Wet test the Lotus Bay but take a look at the D1 Nautilus at the same time if your looking for sheer massage. It's a great spa....

anne

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:26:46 pm »
I dont own a D1 (I actually have one of those shallow Summits- I must be much shorter than you, because I can almost drown in one of the seats  ::)) But back on track....my uncle has had a D1 Californian for 5-6 years, and LOVES it. He has had no problem with any parts breaking, and they use it really frequently. He is very happy with its quality and workmanship. Now, I dont know that the 2006 Lotus and the 2000-ish Californian have the same neck braces, but maybe a DI dealer could answer that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 12:27:47 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:49:18 pm »
thanks for the replies.

As for HS over Sundance jets,  I just felt that the HS jets had the right amount of pressure.  The DX Moto jets felt great, the foot well jets covered a large area compared to sundances small precision jets.

The one thing that i'm disappointed with HS, is they didn't include the recliner chair in Grandee or Vista models.  I loved that chair on the Envoy,but i'm looking for a tub that can accommodate six rather large people.  We are a family of 5, that range from 6' to 6'4".  

Thinking of a lounge chair, to help remove one pair of size 14 feet out of the foot well  :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 02:10:10 pm »
Thinking of a lounge chair, to help remove one pair of size 14 feet out of the foot well  :)

If you're worried about space in the spa you should consider SKIPPING the lounge. Lounges are great if that's what you want but they are space eaters for sure.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:49:37 am »
thanks for the replies.

As for HS over Sundance jets,  I just felt that the HS jets had the right amount of pressure.  The DX Moto jets felt great, the foot well jets covered a large area compared to sundances small precision jets.

The one thing that i'm disappointed with HS, is they didn't include the recliner chair in Grandee or Vista models.  I loved that chair on the Envoy,but i'm looking for a tub that can accommodate six rather large people.  We are a family of 5, that range from 6' to 6'4".  

The Vista has a lounger by the way. It's basically the same as the Envoy but it's slightly longer.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

yt

• They are all good if you like 'em! '06 D1 Diplomat
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:21:17 am »
I am into month 2 of ownership of our D1 Diplomat.  This model has two adjustable neck jets.  I have had no issues with them, once you learn how to adjust them, they are easy to use.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:21:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42