What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: TDS  (Read 8509 times)

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: TDS
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 09:09:19 am »
Quote from: TN__HOT_TUB  link=1154596500/0#11 date=1154782937

This sounds like my water.

Any solution other than changing the water?  Will shocking the water help?

A shcok could help. Perhaps a strong chlorine shock with the cover off for a good hour.

Your filter may be dirty or shot.

Your filter cycles (assuming you dont have a circ pump) may be too short. A Coleman has 2*3 hours cycles from the factory. A Hydropool has 2*2 hour cycles from the factory. These settings may not be aderquate for you and your family.

Presuming all of this is OK, and the water is still not good, DUMP IT.

Will do.
I'm getting pretty close to changing water time anyway.  My water isn't bad, but I have started noticing the water is a bit more cloudy when the jets run.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 09:09:19 am »

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 07:22:21 am »
I guess we can keep it as simple as this:

When you suspect you got high TDS - you probably do.  8-)

My water was cloudy even after a shock, and was more and more turning into a chemsoup.
I think I have been too eager to get all the figures right - this time i will have a more casual approach.
I have just checked the alkalinity wwhen filling, it looked "allright" so I am not going to mess with it anymore.

My neighbour is incredibly sloppy. He has the lid off all day on his Maxxus, sometimes even during the night, he does not check water balance and just pours some dichlor in there every now and then. Sometimes every three days.
The water is as good as always crystal clear. When it gets cloudy he shocks. Shocklingy simple. :)

In Canada eh

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 02:05:01 pm »
Since part of the accumulation of TDS is due to the buffering and inert ingredients in dichlor and MPS, has anyone tried the pure MPS that Doc sells? The ad states that there are no buffering agents in it at all.  
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 09:14:12 pm »
I used the unbuffered shock that Doc sells but I found a huge 5 lb bucket sitting in the garage from when I used to use it in my pool. They're different brands but their both unbuffered. MPS has a PH of 3 or 4 so what you save from adding the buffering you may be adding in PH adjustment chems.

Doc has a bunch of facts on his website and he lists how many PPM a lb of dry stuff adds to the TDS equation. After seeing that I try to add as little MPS as possible since dichlor is used at a much lower dose. But MPS really is a great oxidizer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 09:14:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42