What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Electric Bill Since The New Grandee!  (Read 2548 times)

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
First Electric Bill Since The New Grandee!
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:43:40 am »
Wow, I was totally shocked.  I got my first electric bill since getting the '06 Grandee and it was $80 less than previous!!!!

The only change was swapping out the '98 Grandee for the '06 Grandee.

We had noticed over the past few years that our electric usage had been going up but just figured it was the "darn kids!"

The '98 Grandee's circ. pump was making noise, but even if it was operating poorly, I wouldn't expect it to draw that much power!  Maybe there was a problem with the heater????

Oh, and I might add we've been whippin' our AC like a rented mule and expected our power usage to be way up!

Well, we still have the "darn kids" but changed the tub so it will be interesting to see next month's bill.  I hope the trend continues!

Hot Tub Forum

First Electric Bill Since The New Grandee!
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:43:40 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: First Electric Bill Since The New Grandee!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 12:07:15 pm »
time to get 3 MORE Grandees, you'll be OWED money each month in no time! ;)  Funny thing is, we didn't HAVE a tub until the '06 came in, and our bill still went down...hmmm...
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
Well, I'd say that it's obviously a scientific fact:  The HotSpring Grandee actually produces electricity.  This is going to be a great selling tool.  Thanks ya'll!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

TubsAndCues

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:29:19 pm »
Term,

I'm surprised you didn't get the HotSpring update!  It clearly states that we now have gnomes living in little caves in the full foam that power generators.  I think you might not even need a power source now.

Just kidding, of course, but still interesting.  Keep us posted on the bills, I'm always curious.  BTW, what part of the country are you in?

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 11:37:13 pm »
Perhaps most importantly, how old was your spa cover? Old, waterlogged covers have almost no insulating value. Considering that something like 80% of a spa's heat is lost through the cover, that may be the culprit.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 08:48:36 am »
Wow that's quite a drop.  

Certainly the newer model is more energy efficient, but it sounds as if there are some other factors too.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 08:48:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42