What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to two  (Read 3847 times)

38super

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Down to two
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:09:09 pm »
Hi All
Well I am down to two tubs .Jacuzzi J-365 and the HS Accolade both about the same price about $6780 . I wet tested the 365 found it pretty nice. Jets seemed a little light . I am use to Sundance capri which would lift you out of water   . I liked the fact it had two motors (2.5 hp) more jets and little deeper (38 ") and came with easy lift cover , stairs , and chem kit. I have yet to wet test Accolade. Will I find the Accolade jets to be about the same in power ??    I was looking at the D1 Aurora ll but salesman would not let me wet test so that's out of picture    Thanks.................... Will

Hot Tub Forum

Down to two
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:09:09 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Down to two
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:26:15 pm »
Will, if you like the depth, the HS Accolade is definitely a great spa for you.  It's only 36" deep, but it's contoured well and the jets are positioned in such a way that they don't make you float.

The Tri-X filtration on the Accolade is awesome.  The power is great as well, and there are seats for any type of massage.  My favorite is the seat where the Hydrostreams form the 'Y' pattern- it has wrist jets and is positioned across from the footwell.

The pressure on the Accolade is good, it's got a dual-speed Wavemaster 9000-series 2.5 HP, so pretty much is one of the more high-powered tubs in the HS line as it doesn't have the water-hogging Soothing Seven or Moto-Massage.

Very roomy for a '4-seater' tub as well.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:46:33 pm »
From my wet tests I found that there are not too many spas with jets as strong Sundance. But it was too much for me.

Both the Jacuzzi and Hot spring  jets are about the same strength wise. The Hot Spring is a better tub then the Jacuzzi 3 series (IMO). A better comparison would be the Jacuzzi 4 series. We chose the Vanguard.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 10:26:33 am »
I am going to be brutally honest with you.  Based on your comment about the jets being weak compared to Sundance, neither HotSpring nor Jacuzzi is a good choice for you.  The jets are generally weaker in both brands than Sundance and you are not going to be happy.  

Trust me, I had a Caldera Geneva Utopia (very strong jets - similar to Sundance) and when I sold the house it went with it.  The new house was ready and the new Geneva was not available (dealer screw up) when it was needed.  So, I bought a HS Envoy in crisis mode.  The jets are too weak.  Nice tub, great dealer support---but.  

Wet test and buy what feels best to you.  There is no reason to compromise.

Bill

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:46:43 am »
If you already know that you like the Sundance Capri.....BUY ANOTHER ONE!

There, solved that one! ;D
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 10:52:04 am »
I find the jets in the HotSpring to be very powerful, almost too much so.  When I have them wide open, they actually push me away from the seat and I have to throttle them back.  I'm not a small person, yet I can't stand the HS jets being on full blast more than a few minutes.  I just don't see the enjoyment in a jet that would peel your hide off.  Sounds more like punishment.  But, to each their own.

Good luck in your search. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:40:29 am »
Completely agree with mr. Terminator.

anne

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 12:53:04 am »
I loved the seating and layout and quality of the Envoy, but did not buy HS mainly b/c the jets were not strong enough. You'll have to see how it feels to you, as it seems this audience is of split opinion.
Dance like nobody's watching

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 01:23:12 am »
Personally, I prefer jets with very high GPM, but not so much PSI that they make me feel "itchy".  Most of the Sundance spas that I have owned were a little too much on the high PSI side.  To each his own, but what feels good on the palm of your hand in the showroom, or in a quick test soak may not be the best therapy for extended, relaxing, soaks at home.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 09:55:37 am »
If one buys a spa with individually controllable jets and multispeed motors with controlled air injection through the jets, the therapy can be tailored to your individual taste and to the tastes of others as well.  If you purchase an underpowered spa or an overpowering spa that is not individually adjustable, then the spa experience can be pleasant but not as rewarding for you or your family/friends.  This is why wet testing is so important.  Find a spa that can provide a rigorous massage and is infinitely and individually adjustable...I did...then everyone can be happy...8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:04:13 pm »
If you think the Sundance has better power then go with it.  I agree, an underpowered spa isn't worth having IMO.  You can always tone it down but you can't get what isn't there.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:04:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42