What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Island Spas - any good?  (Read 16609 times)

catfan9t

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Island Spas - any good?
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:25:24 pm »
I am about ready to pull the trigger on an Island Spas Captiva.  The dealer is asking $6,200 out the door (that is tax included).  Is anyone familiar with this brand and if so is the quality good?  The only other option is our Hot Springs/Jacuzzi dealer who I hate to even talk to.  They don't listen and keep trying to sell me something I don't want.  Please don't turn this into a brand debate, I am just wanting to make sure Artesian (the parent company) stands behind the warranty and that the brand has a good track record.  
Thanks in advance for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Island Spas - any good?
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:25:24 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Island Spas - any good?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:38:15 pm »
I own a 2005 Island Grand Cayman and it is a great tub.

I have only had 1 minor problem with the tub - the larger swirly jets kept breaking. They were being replaced by my dealer but after the 6th jet I was a little aggrivated. I called Artesian and they took care of me.

Apparently the jet manufacturer - Waterway - changed the composition of their jets and all the manufacturers that use them had that problem.

It isn't a major issue but I'm happy the way they treated me, their a first rate outfit IMO.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:51:47 pm »
There was a brand of spas named Island out of Fontana Ca...what are you looking at......and Island spa made by Artesian or the brand Island....?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:55:33 pm »
There was a brand of spas named Island out of Fontana Ca...what are you looking at......and Island spa made by Artesian or the brand Island....?

Hey I never thought of that! Artesian does make a Captiva but I forgot a lot of spa manufacturers use the same names ...

catfan9t

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 09:00:09 pm »
I am referring to the Artesian line.  The Captiva is branded as Island Spas but they are made by Artesian.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:32:32 pm »

Yes, there was an Islands (out of Fontana) spa dealer in my neigborhood. They went out of business.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:56:14 pm »
Yes the factory has closed is what I was told last week.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 08:39:03 am »
Hey Cat -
For $6200 what's the configuration. # of Jets and Pumps.

I also have an Artesian and am very happy with it.

BTW, I bought an Artesian Opal for $6177. I have 3 pumps and 34 jets in mine.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 09:15:02 am »
I own an Artesian Island Grand Cayman.  I have had no trouble with it at all.

Seems that the Artesian Island line is quite flexible and customizeable and specifically priced towards the bottom end of the market, but they allow a buyer to add-on many options.  

I was not interested in buying a $8,500 hot tub.  I feel that I bought a very nice hot tub from a major manufacturer and stayed within my budget.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
(3Re: Island Spas - any good?
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 09:17:32 am »
I have had a Captiva for about a month. It is a 2005 model. I like it very much. I particularly like having one 1.5hp (3 brake hp) pump dedicated solely to the whirlpool jet in the footwell. That may have changed for 2006. As far as the brand, I have no reason to believe it is not on a par with Marquis, Sundance, etc. My dealer carried Sundance for many years. He is very service oriented, and when he parted with Sundance he chose Artesian over many other brands. He has sold Artesian for over a year and reports very few problems in the field. As far as price, I paid $6,500. That included tax, extended 5 year warranty, cover and cover lift, delivery and setup, circ pump and Propure ozone, steps, 3 jet pumps. chemicals, and stainless steel jet covers. Each model in the Island line can be ordered in many different jet/pump configurations and at many different price points. Your dealer should be able to explain all the options. If you like the tub and the dealer, you should be fine with an Island spa. Hope this helps.  Jeff

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 10:56:21 am »
Cat,  The Captiva will be a good spa for you.  Artesian will stand behind the warranty, bt it's the dealer that executes it so make sure they are OK too.

Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:19 am »
If there is an Artesian factory direct outlet near you, you might want to shop there.  That way, you can save some more money by eliminating the middle man.

Good luck in your shopping. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

catfan9t

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 01:06:30 pm »
Hey Cat -
For $6200 what's the configuration. # of Jets and Pumps.

I also have an Artesian and am very happy with it.

BTW, I bought an Artesian Opal for $6177. I have 3 pumps and 34 jets in mine.

The Captiva I am looking at is the 32 jet model with a circ pump, ozone, and waterfall added.  It has on 6hp pump (can be configed with 2 smaller pumps instead) and the circ pump only.
When and where did you buy yours for $6,177?  The Opal seems like more spa for only a few dollars more (mine is approx $5,800 before tax).

catfan9t

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 01:11:56 pm »
If there is an Artesian factory direct outlet near you, you might want to shop there.  That way, you can save some more money by eliminating the middle man.

Good luck in your shopping. :)

Terminator

How do I find out where the factory direct outlets are?  I do have a place nearby called "STM" that makes hot tubs and sells directly to the public but I am not sure of the quality of their tubs.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 01:32:53 pm »
Cat - Are you located in the new england by any chance?
I bought from Artesian dealer about 2 hours from me, here in northern new england. I will certainly pass his info along if you're close by and interested.

For $6177 (out the door, no sales tax) last month I got:

A brand new leftover 05 Artesian Gold Series Opal(wrapped from factory). It has the tuape permawood cabinet, with the desert horizon color shell.
It has 1 6HP, 1 4.8HP, and 1 3 HP pump. These motors are all 1 speed but switchless. It also has a 24/7 circ pump. It has 34 jets and they controlled by variable control air/water flow, which is basically you control the speed/pressure like a dimmer switch. the variable control flow feature I really like BTW. It also has a CD Ozonator. It came with a cover, cover lifter, and startup chemicals. It has a full 5 year warranty from the day I took it home.

Only thing different than most others is that I picked it up and installed myself(including cover lifter), which was easy. He dropped it on my flatbed trailer with a forklift. I backed trailer up to concrete slab and tilted trailer with the help of 2 other guys. I did slab and all electrical work myself as well...

He did have a bunch of Captiva's by the way. All different configurations. In the low 5's if I remember correctly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 01:32:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42