What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog and Shock  (Read 1710 times)

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Frog and Shock
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:22:34 am »
First I want to say thanks to everyone.  Back in March we asked about buying a D1 used.  Got the recomendation to do so and we did.  Got it set up mid May.  We love it.  I am the one that follows the forum, but it is the hubby that takes care of the spa.  When I see something I think might be of interest to him I print it out and leave it on his desk.  The one thing I wonder about is people keep talking about shocking their spa.  We do not....other than when the bromine gets really high from the frog....

Here is my question.  We have the D1 triad...a very small spa.  We are using the frog floating system.....that is it.  Try to keep the PH correct and the bromine correct.  Been what 3 months now, we changed the water at one month.    Everything is fine, no cloudy water or anything, but I just keep wondering about the shock question...should we?  Why?  With what?

Can anyone point me to any articles on using the frog?

Thanks tons.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:23:06 am by jgirvine »

Hot Tub Forum

Frog and Shock
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:22:34 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Frog and Shock
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:06:33 pm »
You should be shocking with a non-chlorine shock about every 7 to 10 days with "about 2 tablespoons"...it will burn off the organics in your water which will reactivate the unused bromine...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Frog and Shock
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:06:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42