What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does anyone own 1 of these tubs  (Read 3999 times)

Bob_Rolin

• Lucy, Help me pick a  tub
Does anyone own 1 of these tubs
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »
Hello, we posted last night for the first time.  Thanks for the input thus far.  We have been out and about looking again tonight and have only been looking for a hot tub for about a week now. Although it is very confusing we think we like the Great Lakes Forte Spa, the Coast Kauai Spa, Four Winds Key Largo Spa or possibly the Cal V-400. The problem is that we can find only basic info on these tubs on the web. Does anyone actually own one of these tubs or have any info on any of the listed ones...Good or Bad we don't care because we are looking for information to make an educated purchase. Thank you in advance. bob

Hot Tub Forum

Does anyone own 1 of these tubs
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:25:00 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Does anyone own 1 of these tubs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:45:35 am »
Hey, I like your icon.

If you are looking to go low-end, you have found the spas to do that with.  IF you are looking for quality, I would stay away from these brands.  Great Lakes is probably the best of these brands.  Quality isn't bad, but you still get what you pay for.

I went to the Caldera and Hot Spring website and found your local dealers.

Your Caldera dealer is Rec Warehouse.  Unfortunate because Caldera is a great spa, but Rec Warehouse is filled with, well, let's just say you'll want to check out www.ripoffreport.com.  I would still recommend a Caldera.  They are great spas.

Your Hot Spring dealer is:  Griffin Pools & Spas.

I'm biased.  I think they are the best out there.  I know there are other good companies with good spas and you can find one that will fit your needs.  It's my opinion the best are from Watkins - maker of Hot SPring and Caldera.

Also, you can find a Hot SPring at Costco.com for about $5700.  It has a shorter warranty, but is a great spa.

Good luck with your search.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 03:43:22 pm »
We got a pamphlet from Great Lakes a couple of months ago and its pretty much identical to the info on their website, so I don't know how much more info you can get without talking with a sales rep.  We looked at Great Lakes Spas, but ended up going with the more expensive Hot Spring.  I didn't think Great Lakes were that bad, but we could not wet test them and I had concerns about energy effeciency because Northern Michigan winters can get very cold.  Great Lakes only has a two year warranty compared to five for Hot Spring.  If the tub was going to be placed inside or if we lived in a much warmer climate, I may have went with Great Lakes.  In the end, as most everything, you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.

One final thing:  Hot Spring has moto-massage and it is awesum!!!  It's a Hot Spring exclusive  ;D
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:51:48 pm »
My local D1 Dealer started to carry  Great Lakes.   I quickly looked at them,  and visually they looked ok. (Are these the ones with the flip out cup holders? That struck me as  kinda cheap and a design after thought. I had visions of someone bumping into one, it snapping and the sharp plastic slicing a leg open. )

If I recall, the cabinets seemed flimsly to me. Perhaps they were not installed correctly on the ones I very quickly looked at?

The red shell  color caught my eye.

http://www.greatlakeshomeandresort.com/spas.html

They boast a Unibody contsturction. never heard of that.  ?  Bueller?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:53:44 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 05:30:42 pm »
Says who? I have numerous customers that will disagree with that statement. One of which it has taken Watkins SIX MONTHS to get their parts shipped out. EVERY spa we have delivered in the aquatic melodies series has needed their stereo replaced, every one of them with out exception! This sales person has to believe that if I'm experiencing this level of pathetic support and workmanship from Watkins, it most certainly bleeds across all lines.  

I would still recommend a Caldera.  They are great spas.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:31:25 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 05:33:48 pm »
And I've informed every one of my customers about this and other web sites where they can vent their frustrations with my blessing. I hope they can take time out of their busy schedules to do so, but most of them have lives, that's why they wanted a hot tub!

Says who? I have numerous customers that will disagree with that statement. One of which it has taken Watkins SIX MONTHS to get their parts shipped out. EVERY spa we have delivered in the aquatic melodies series has needed their stereo replaced, every one of them with out exception! This sales person has to believe that if I'm experiencing this level of pathetic support and workmanship from Watkins, it most certainly bleeds across all lines.  

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:19:40 pm »
Aquatub seems to have a high opinion of Hot springs which is okay. However I don't think he has to downgrade the other mfgs in order to do that. Hot Springs does make a good tub as do numerous other companys that aren't as well known or nationally advertised. Remember opinions are like hineys (trying to be PC) Everybody has one. Go ahead and shop around and wet testing is strongly suggested but not an absolute necessity. Many people are out there very happy without ever wet testing. This forum is a great information place but don't take somebodys word as the final say.  Check it out yourself.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 11:27:22 am »
Yeah, I'm keeping this up front more people need to see it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:39:40 am »
Yeah, I'm keeping this up front more people need to see it.

Are they late on all their parts to you or is this pretty much a stereo issue?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:49:03 pm »
If I recall, the cabinets seemed flimsly to me. Perhaps they were not installed correctly on the ones I very quickly looked at?

They boast a Unibody contsturction. never heard of that.  ?  Bueller?

The cabinets aren't flimsy at all IMHO. They use the same type of cabinet material that Sundance does.

Unibody is a cool concept. They use a new material from GE Plastics called GELOY. Geloy is stronger than acrylic, doesn't need to be backed with fiberglass. A shell molded from GELOY can support itself. It doesn't need a frame.

PS. Flip up cup holders have been discontinued  
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 04:08:50 pm »
I liked the Forte (when I was first looking at tubs), but I was really taken by the one up from there, the Penta. It was deeper, felt really comfortable (granted, no water in it at the time.... :( ), and seemed to have TONS more leg room than the Forte. I BELIEVE the price in southeastern Wisconsin in Feb was about $6k for the Penta, and somewhat less for the Forte.....
Best of luck on whatever you choose!
RIP C-Rod

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:42:02 am »
Stereos and jets. Fortunatly we have pumps in stock. Their pat answer on the jets is that they have yet to issue a part number for them, so they can not yet be ordered. This to me is ludicrus. If you build it, you are getting the parts from soomewhere in your inventory, now GO GET ME SOME, so I can take care of a dissatisfied customer. Watkins and my store have lost any chance at any referals these customers may have brought us, thanks guys!

Are they late on all their parts to you or is this pretty much a stereo issue?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 10:42:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42