What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Square versus Circle Tub??  (Read 12757 times)

saint_chuck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Square versus Circle Tub??
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:58:26 pm »
Anyone out there buy a circle tub after owning a square?

My Wife and I moved and left our old Tiger River (hated it) Bengal, and are now in the market again. We tested the HS Vanguard... MotoMassage is nice but....... Very pushy salespeople......"If it is not HS, its nothing....Etc"
Put down a deposit for 24 hours..Was told they wouldn't cash it.....Of course they did and now have to wait a week to get a check for same amt from central office...

Looking at a Nordic Crown XL now. Like the idea of a TRUE unobstructed whirlpool when bored of the stations....

Looking for feedback from circle shaped tub users and anyone else who would care to discuss.

Nice DiChlor posts....Any dealer more stocked in this than others???
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Square versus Circle Tub??
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:58:26 pm »

fatman

Re: Square versus Circle Tub??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:29:27 pm »
Something to keep in mind with any round tub is that you cannot ergonomically recline your body, that is, you are forced to sit up straight all the time. The only way to "recline" is if you intentionally slouch your body. No big deal if you don't mind bad posture but if you truly want to let your body relax then a bucket seat or a lounger is the way to go.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 03:37:26 pm »
The Nordics are great for value....They are well made and offer a good tub for the money.....As Fatman mentions the square tubs are more contoured for your body...if that appeals to you than thats what you should look at....If you want a simple but effective more "traditional" as like old wood round or in ground spas than the round or Nordics are a  good fit.....

saint_chuck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 03:59:19 pm »
Thanks Fella's, good point.
Used the lounger seat in the old tub twice in 3 years, instead I would float my head/shoulders on a thunder stick. The majority of the time we entertained and everyone avoided "sitting" on the hump of the "rumble seat."

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 12:12:05 pm »
Funny.

I had a round Nordic (hated it!) before I bougth my Tiger river (love it).

Round tub seating is hard to streach out in. or lean back into the seats. It's basic, it works, I had a ball in my old round 12 jet Nordic.  But there is no comparission for me between the Caspain and the Old Nordic.  Night and day.

Wet test and dicide. But I think you are right, for entertaining and sociliing the open seating (barrier free) is the best. Tubs with a lot of sculpted seats or loungers  I find it's a bit more difficult when friends want to sit and talk and visit with each other.

Maybe you can find a tub that offers the best of both?
07 Caldera Geneva

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 12:45:37 pm »

Looking at a Nordic Crown XL now. Like the idea of a TRUE unobstructed whirlpool when bored of the stations....

This sound good until you realize the "stations" in a  Nordic have very week jets.  Wet test one before buying into it!  A good factory tour does not mean a great spa.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:24:58 pm by wmccall »

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 12:46:36 pm »
Thanks Fella's, good point.
Used the lounger seat in the old tub twice in 3 years, instead I would float my head/shoulders on a thunder stick. The majority of the time we entertained and everyone avoided "sitting" on the hump of the "rumble seat."

I totally agree with the lounger comment! Hate em!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:25:58 pm »
I've always considered round tubs more of a social tub than a therapuetic tub.

Social is good sometimes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:25:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42