What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First post and pics of my new tub  (Read 2608 times)

Danny_L

First post and pics of my new tub
« on: July 29, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »
First off, this is a great forum for all us new tubbers.  ;)

Wife and I looked a real long time at spas and over the last few years visited Sundance, Cal Spas and Hot Springs dealers.  During that time we also dry tested all the other brands at Home Shows.  

The house we bought a few years ago had a 15 year old Cal Spas and was in dire need of repair.  Visited the dealer that was two hours away and was immediately turned off by the used car salesmen approach.  Told them I'm looking for parts and after I told them the age, they just laughed and said I was better off getting a new one.  They were right, but not from Cal Spas!  8)

My local Spa dealer happened to be a Hot Springs dealer and what a difference between them and Cal Spas dealers.  This is family owned and been in business for over 20 years selling Hot Springs.  During dry testing, I fell in love with the Caldera Tahitian and Geneva.  Also dry tested the HS Envoy.  Scheduled a wet test and fell in love with HS.  ::)  We were only able to wet test HS Envoy and Grandee and Caldera Elation for the larger tubs.  The only thing I didn't like on HS Envoy was the shallow foot well.

Talked to bank and then went into the deciding stage.  Reading more and more and was swayed at HS for all the little things such as bottom drain, Tri-X filters and moto-massage.  I will note the Caldera has the cool foot ridge that every tub should have!!!

Went with the HS Vista since I wanted the deeper footwell and the lounger.  Some people don't like the lounger but I found with the right combo of diverters, I enjoy it the most of all the seats.  I also really like the spinner jets and look to replace the non-spinners with spinners if I can.  The Soothing Seven are nice but a little too low.

Here are the details of my purchase in case your interested.  

Hot Springs Vista w/ extra wide steps, and upgraded cover lifter: $9,295.  That's out the door with taxes and delivery and starter chemicals.  I did have to wait two weeks for delivery and one week away they called and said it would be another week as they made a mistake on their stock.  They offered me the floor model which has nothing wrong with it.  Only dry tested and comes with same warranty as new.  They also threw in $300 in-store credit!!!  Couldn't pass that up.  ::)  Here's the pics minus the delux steps.  They will be another week.

I will be building a lattice panel to block the sun that comes in during afternoon but will loose the nice view of the golf course.  :'(
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Hot Tub Forum

First post and pics of my new tub
« on: July 29, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »

xrdirthead

Re: First post and pics of my new tub
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:24:47 pm »
Nice Tub!
Love the view...must be nice to have your own golf course  ;D
Sounds like you got a great deal!
What part of the Country are you in?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:23:25 pm »
I will be building a lattice panel to block the sun that comes in during afternoon but will loose the nice view of the golf course.  :'(
Put the panels on hinges - frame them with 2x2 - you can buy that with a grove already cut into it just for that purpose.

That way you can put them up for the view, down for shade.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Danny_L

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 05:15:06 pm »
Good idea, but I already bought all my supplies and since the plastic lattice I bought is heavy, I'm not sure the framing would support a hinged system.  In a few years, I might change my mind though. ;)

I live in California City, Ca which is about 15 miles north of Edwards AFB where I work.

Oh, I also don't golf but love my view.  BTW, in the past two years, my son has collected over 300 stray golf balls from our yard!  ;D
2006 Hotsprings Vista

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:22:15 pm »
Congratulations. Great choice.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 05:56:12 pm »
Great looking tub and set up. Good for you.

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 06:59:29 pm »
Very nice...beautiful tub.  Congrats!
2005 Marquis Epic

JanEngland

• Hot tubs...bubbleli cious!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 08:14:28 pm »
Good choice w/ HotSprings. I wish you many years of fun! Your setup looks nice!
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit...look who's here!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:19:16 am »
looks good
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 09:19:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42