What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings parts? 1994 Classic FH  (Read 2586 times)

TheBakerBoy

• Help Me Please ! !
Hotsprings parts? 1994 Classic FH
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:31 pm »
 I have a 1994 hotsprings Classic FH that has given years of good service. This past year there has been a slow leak from the light lens cover. Tried to take it off to clean/recaulk and it cracked into 3 pieces. I didn't realize it was glued all around. I need a replacement or something to cover the 6 inch hole in the side.
Any ideas??
John-Bob

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings parts? 1994 Classic FH
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:31 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Hotsprings parts? 1994 Classic FH
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:11:28 pm »
Yes. You need part number 71832 which is a complete replacement lens. It is the newer style: you clean up the place the old lens was glued in, I use an orbital sander very carefully, and glue in the new kit, with a Devcon two-part epoxy. Don't try to use silicone adhesive.

The new one has a replaceable lens, so if you ever manage to break it you can simply unscrew the lens itself and replace just that part. It also has a trim ring for looks on the inside of the spa. The kit is exactly what they put in the current model spas, and unlike the older unit, will not fall to pieces if you use Baqua.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

The_Bends

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:45:15 pm »
I had an extremely difficult time trying to locate devcon in my area.  I eventually called the factory and they couldn't even help.  Plus it is difficult to ship because it is hazardous material.

3M makes a product called DP-810.  It is an epoxy methacrylate adhesive similar to the devcon, with a shear strength to match.  

Just in case anyone needs to do any heavy bonding!
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:22:36 am »
I can get you Devcon kits from Watkins if you have trouble locating them locally, or if you just want to be sure you use the exact stuff the factory likes.

TheBakerBoy

• Help Me Please ! !
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 06:18:06 pm »
Thanks for the speedy replys. I searched to that part number and all I come up with is zip codes for Arkansas! Can you point me somewhere that I can order this part? 3M is in my back yard so I can probably find their adhesive locally.
John-Bob

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:29:17 pm »
Look over at my Avatar: under it is a row of icons. One of them is a little house. Click that, and you will be at my web site. I would be very glad to send you the part. Call or email me (email address is one of the other icons, I think...) and I will send it out on Monday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:29:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42