What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone's coverlift look like this?  (Read 2962 times)

Chris_H

Anyone's coverlift look like this?
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:39:53 pm »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ThermoSpa-Concord-Elite-5-Person-Hot-Tub-75-Jets_W0QQitemZ330009804516QQihZ014QQcategoryZ42240QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are two pictures of this spa on this ebay site.  The first is with the jets on and the other shows the cover and coverlift.  I would like to know if anyone's coverlift does this?

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone's coverlift look like this?
« on: July 26, 2006, 05:39:53 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Anyone's coverlift look like this?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 05:57:01 pm »
Well, either the guy is trying to display what good shape his cover is in, or he never learned how to use his hydraulic lifter properly.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 05:58:18 pm »
I'll give that cover about 2 weeks worth of life, and the warranty is already voided for missuse and abuse........ It does look kinda cool though.. There's gotta be someone behind it holding it up.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:00:48 pm »
looks cool     But im not sure what the longevity would be for that lifter   in time covers get waterlogged & I really wouldnt feel safe  being in the tub with the possibility it giving way under the pressure     If there was an improved design  I think I would buy one

I think I see a line and pully  in the top left of the pic
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 06:04:23 pm by Pathfinder »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 07:48:35 pm »
What looks like a cable and pully I believe is actually an extension cord feeding the the little Christmas lights that run around the the top of the windows.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:56:09 pm »
It all sounds "Thermoriffic".  Looks like a covermate III put on with the bar between the two cover peices.  I think it would be hard to lift the cover like that without any help.  But then again if it came with the pully system that would help.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:39:59 pm by DoubleA »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 08:59:21 pm »
regarding the "how'd he do that??" portion, I THINK I have it figured out.....the 'normal way to open a cover is to lift one half over the other, folding it back.....it looks like he's got the bar of the lift going UNDER the seam to lift the entire thing......seems like it'd be AWFULLY hard on the seam! My opinion isn't that of anyone else on here, however.....IMHO, the skirting looks like that blown plastic stuff....like the kiddie kitchens and such..if you like that sort of thing, that's on you, but I like the feeling of a sturdier cabinet.
Best of luck if you bid, doesnt' look like there's any competition at the moment. ;)
RIP C-Rod

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 02:16:43 pm »
I'd hate to think what a gentle breeze would do to that thing much less a good wind....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:15 pm »

I purchased the ThermoSpa with the Thermozone System (www.thermospas.com) for about $12,000.00

When I was 12, I told my Dad to shut his stupid mouth up, which was dumber?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:16:36 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42