What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I took Ya'lls advice, and........  (Read 3514 times)

Bama

I took Ya'lls advice, and........
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:08:20 pm »
My hubby and I scheduled a wet test.
I called the morning of our appointment to discover our sales person couldn't be there.
Ok...can we come anyway?
A senior salesperson was handling the sales floor that day, I'll call him Ole Joe Smoe.    Well, Old Joe Smoe was very surprised that we would want to get in the hot tub.  Actually, he said he had never heard of a,
"wet test" nor had anyone ever been in their store to wet test, what a crazy notion!
  Standing there with our beach towels in hand, we felt like idiots!   But, then we quickly regained our dignity when we informed our uninformed senior salesperson that our friends at this website stood behind us and our wet test aspirations!  We were armed with the confidence received from you guys here on this web site, therefore we pressed on and jumped in!    
Thanks everyone, without you behind us, we may have been too intimidated/embarassed and nixed the wet test.  Thanks to all of you for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:10:59 pm by Bama »

Hot Tub Forum

I took Ya'lls advice, and........
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:08:20 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: I took Ya'll advice........
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:11:43 pm »
I bet Ole Joe Shmoe is on the internet right now trying to find this forum.... ;D

Good work!!!! ;)

salesdvl

Re: I took Ya'lls advice, and........
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:15:56 pm »
I guess I missed a step.  I thought you had already test soaked the Paradise and liked it.  Which one are you referring to now?
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:55:32 pm »
So what did you test and what did you think?

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:18:57 pm »
re: "never heard of a wet test"

I would run away from this
dealer as fast as possible!

Bama

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 10:54:30 pm »
I guess I missed a step.  I thought you had already test soaked the Paradise and liked it.  Which one are you referring to now?

Yes, it was our experience wet testing the LA spa that I am referring to.  We love the spa, however
I had not shared our experience with old Joe, who was NOT our salesperson.   Our "regular" salesperson was not there at the time we went in (he's a really nice guy).
I don't know, but I have a feeling the old guy really didn't want to deal with us since we weren't his clients.  

We are in the process of getting bids to build a new deck to accommodate a new spa, so.......
while we are pretty much set on the LA spa, we will probably wet test some other spas just for good measure, cause who knows we may change our minds before our deck is finished.  Nothing is in stone yet.  
In fact, yesterday my hubby said he may like the Sundance Maximus better.  But, I don't know if it fits my therapy needs.  There seems to be very few spas that fit my specific needs.   We'll see, we still have time to shop.
Hopefully, we won't have the same experience.
........We didn't even know that wet testing was an option until we tuned into this website.
Thanks for your feedback.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:08:29 pm by Bama »

Bama

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 10:56:14 pm »

Zep,
What to you have surrounding your spa?  Rocks?
That looks cool.  I like that a lot.  Is that custom?

Bama

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:20:48 pm »
Ha Ha Ha.......yep, I bet Old Joe Smoe is setting the computer keyboard on fire searching for this site!

Thanks guys for feedback.
It was the salesperson for a LA Spa dealership I was referring to.  I had not shared all the details of that experience until now.   We love the spa!  However, we are new to this.  We've never owned a spa.  It never occured to us until my doctor told me I need one.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 11:23:42 pm by Bama »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 07:25:26 am »
re: "Zep, What to you have surrounding your spa?  Rocks? That looks cool.  I like that a lot.  Is that custom?"

No Bee that is the new CalStone Cabinetry that CalSpas is now offering.

I am biased of course but I think it looks lots better than the old "traditional panel look" that spa cabinetry has always had. It comes in different colors and types of rock facade. I predict all spa makers will one day be offering it as an option. Personally I love the look.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 12:47:03 pm by Zep »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 09:24:09 am »

Or just go back to the original salesman.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 09:27:27 am »

In fact, yesterday my hubby said he may like the Sundance Maximus better.  But, I don't know if it fits my therapy needs.  

What do you mean? What are you looking for in this regard?  You mentioned a doctor recommended it, for what type of condition?  I've never been in a Maxxus, but its big enough to have plenty of different types of seats.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 09:42:47 am »
Unforunately in the world of commission sales there are many that do not any value in helping someone else's customer.  Find your original salesperson, wet test some others, and buy the one that best works for what you need it to do.

Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 09:51:08 am »
But, I don't know if it fits my therapy needs.

What do you mean?  The Maxxus is huge and probably a wonderful tub.  If you haven't looked at anything but the LA spas you might look at Marquis.  Now I'm biased because I have an Epic and I think it has excellent therapy.  Just a suggestion to look at others because you never know until you look at your options.
2005 Marquis Epic

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 09:59:14 am »
Artesian and Caldera also have very good therapy spas in multiple sizes and price points.

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 11:10:31 am »

What do you mean?  The Maxxus is huge and probably a wonderful tub.  If you haven't looked at anything but the LA spas you might look at Marquis.  Now I'm biased because I have an Epic and I think it has excellent therapy.  Just a suggestion to look at others because you never know until you look at your options.

The Maxxus is very big but not near as big as the Paradise.  If water exercise is what is needed, L.A. offers a resistance rowing option as well.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 11:10:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42