What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chemicals and Parkinson's Disease...  (Read 3514 times)

Bama

Chemicals and Parkinson's Disease...
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:27:18 am »
Since chemicals have been proven to contribute to Parkinson't disease, I'm always looking for a way to decrease their presence in my life....

I'm curious....

I like the idea of using a cleaner that is organic.
Amway LOC,  Liquid Organic Concentrate is a cleaner, an emulsifier. (no I'm not in Amway!  LOL)  
It's safe, you could drink it if you wanted...YUCK!  The point is, it's safe.  Does anyone know what it would do to the water PH if used in a very small amount to clean the ring around the tub?  Or to clean the bottom of the cover?  I am interested in using anything other than chemicals.   How about baking powder, what would that do?  Anyone have any suggestions concerning natural remedies to balance ph or clean the hot tubs?  
Your feedback is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Chemicals and Parkinson's Disease...
« on: July 23, 2006, 10:27:18 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Chemicals and Parkinson's Disease...
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 12:00:07 pm »
People buy Amway products? I thought all they did was recruit more salespeople.  ;)

I would think the affect on PH would be minimal in such a situation, but any change could be corrected and if it cleans well, worth the effort.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bama

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 04:40:01 pm »
People buy Amway products? I thought all they did was recruit more salespeople.  ;)

I would think the affect on PH would be minimal in such a situation, but any change could be corrected and if it cleans well, worth the effort.

LOL @ Wmcall.    I think you may be right about the Amway.    By the way, I know a  way you can triple your income....wanna get together with a few of your friends to learn how?   LOL

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 05:45:45 pm »
I'd be curious to know which chemicals have been proven to cause Parkinson's Disease.  Can you provide your source of information?

Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 06:18:20 pm »
My wife and I were putting on a dinner party once, many years ago. We found a chef we liked, and he came over the day before to check out what we had in the kitchen and what he would need to bring.

When he saw that we had aluminum cookware, he said, "They say aluminum cookware leads to alzhimers. How long have you been using this - or don't you remember?"

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:51:20 pm »
I remember when that rumor went around the brewing community- lots of people brew beer in aluminum kettles.  Caused quite the ruckus.
The study that tried to link alzheimers to aluminum was flawed and soundly debunked.  
Brewman

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 10:17:27 pm »
Amway has excelent products.

Bama

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:34:03 am »
I'd be curious to know which chemicals have been proven to cause Parkinson's Disease.  Can you provide your source of information?

There's a  multitude of info on it.  The University of Stanford is credited for having done the first research in the association of chemicals with Parkinson's Disease.
For the most part,  their original research was focused predominately on insecticides.  Now, it is old news.
But, here's a couple of more recent experts comments.

"Men are more than twice as likely to have PD when exposed to chemicals".  Dr Walter Rocca, Mayo Clinic.
(Hmm, it seems women have a more stable production of dopamine, them thar brain neurons!  LOL)

Dr. Zalman S. Angus MD, Professor @ U of Penn School Of Medicine contributes to MEDPAGE..."several studies have reported association of PD with pesticides...metals, solvents, paints, glues, and printing chemicals.   (Then there were some studies that came to no conclusion as to the relationship of chemicals, ;D other than pesticides with PD).
I could go on, but you get the point.  I don't know that any chemicals used in a hot tub are harmful.  I'm not saying they are.
My philosophy is natural is better.  That's why if there is a natural product out there that will do the trick, I'd prefer to use it.  So, if anyone knows of a natural solution to keeping the hot tub clean and bacteria free, I'm all ears.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:36:53 am by Bama »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 12:34:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42