What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spadio2 question  (Read 1787 times)

Hoosier

• Go Irish!
Spadio2 question
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:41:10 pm »
Guys I just bought a Grandee but didn't want to fork over the BIG $'s for the radio option. I was wondering if there was a way to tie into the tub with another reciever to use the volume button on the spa controles?
The tub doesn't arrive for a couple of weeks but I am thinking about it and everything that accompany's it nonstop! ;D So this may be an off the wall question, but it just popped into my head and I thought I'd ask.

BTW this is my favorite site on the web. THANKS!

Hot Tub Forum

Spadio2 question
« on: July 26, 2006, 04:41:10 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Spadio2 question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 06:04:44 pm »
Not unless you know the inner-workings of your IQ2020 control panel.

I wouldn't risk it.  There are several ways to tie your home stereo system into your SpAudio, but I've never seen anyone be able to do it without the SpAudio.

You can choose to retrofit the SpAudio II at a later time, though- and it is well worth the money.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »
The cable which ties the Stereo into the IQ-2020 in your spa is a custom-made device which only works for the particular CD player which comes with the Spaudio II. I guess you could find out exactly which model it is, then get the part number for the interconnect, and then put the stereo somewhere nearby - on a AC to DC 12 volt converter, and hope for the best...

But I sure wouldn't want to figure out who pays for what if you have any warranty issues at that point.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 06:59:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42