What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: heatsink problem? What is that...  (Read 1509 times)

seamoe

heatsink problem? What is that...
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:47:02 pm »
I've been reading a few posts and have a question about my Geneve.  I saw Autoplay posted a reply about a heatsink issue.  What exactly is that?  My lights are out of sync on my spa.  I felt my control buttons, and the only thing that's hot is the LED temp display, the rest of it is "warm".  Do I have a problem? Obviously I do with the lighting, but is something else wrong? and if so do I need to worry about it if I dont get it fixed right away.

Hot Tub Forum

heatsink problem? What is that...
« on: July 24, 2006, 09:47:02 pm »

autoplay

Re: heatsink problem? What is that...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:14:49 pm »
A heatsink transfers heat from something hot,and helps dissipate it. The LED lights in your spa and mine utilize 1 of those.  It sounds like yours is defective,esp if your lights are out of synch.

The LED control button shouldn't be "hot".  It should be slightly warm,and that's it.

As far as a safety hazard,I wouldn't sweat it as far as rushing to get it fixed etc.  I would let your dealer know about your problem,and schedule a repair.  Tell him/her to bring out what's needed to repair/replace the heatsink issue and the spaglo lighting being out of synch.

I would rush it if,your warranty is close to expired. I don't recall what the warranty is as far as the spaglo.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:15:31 pm by autoplay »

Hot Tub Forum

Re: heatsink problem? What is that...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:14:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42