What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vanguard - bad control panel  (Read 2574 times)

MrDave

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Vanguard - bad control panel
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:21 pm »
The control panel inside of the tub doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone know if this is common with HS Vanguards?

I have called the dealer to fix it. But wanted to get some information on it before he got there.

Thanks,
Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Vanguard - bad control panel
« on: July 18, 2006, 12:31:21 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Vanguard - bad control panel
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 06:13:55 pm »
We've had a few service issues with '05 auxiliary panels.  It could just be that it's gotten detached from the wiring, or it could need replacement.  In either case your dealer should come out and repair it free of charge if you're under warranty.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 11:28:25 pm »
I had one button that failed on my 05' aux panel. Call your dealer to have it reparied.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 12:55:36 am »
It is not unheard of.  Simple repair for dealer.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 02:50:13 pm »
wait a minute here folks. did I just read that a HOT SPRINGS spa had something break. I can't believe it! After reading this forum for several months it seems inpossible that this could happen. My My My, it must be a huge mistake. I got the feeling that only the (lesser quality) tubs ever broke down. Good to know that even the wonderful HS has some quality issues from time to time. Written some what tongue in cheek but not completely!

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 07:02:41 am »
wait a minute here folks. did I just read that a HOT SPRINGS spa had something break. I can't believe it! After reading this forum for several months it seems inpossible that this could happen. My My My, it must be a huge mistake. I got the feeling that only the (lesser quality) tubs ever broke down. Good to know that even the wonderful HS has some quality issues from time to time. Written some what tongue in cheek but not completely!

I do believe them's fightin' words... ;)

sms392

• Grandee Owner
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 11:32:40 am »
We have a 2005+ Grandee.  Same thing happened, inside panel would only occasionally work.  Called our dealer and they were out the next day with a new one.  It was interesting in that they seemed to indicate that they were having quite a few calls for this problem.  I will say that in our case this illustrates how key the dealer you choose and their reputation for feild repairs/customer services should be a huge part of the "buying" process.  We bought from the dealer that had the best service reputation in our area and have not regretted that choice!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 11:45:42 am »
wait a minute here folks. did I just read that a HOT SPRINGS spa had something break. I can't believe it! After reading this forum for several months it seems inpossible that this could happen.

I realize it is hard to believe, but even HotSpring occasionally has a component fail.  It is usually not anything major like a pump or structure failure, but sometimes some minor problems do arise.

The true measure of an industry leader (like HotSpring) is in how they rectify the problem to the customer's satisfaction.  That is a testament to excellent customer service.

Terminator  
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 06:23:24 pm »
wait a minute here folks. did I just read that a HOT SPRINGS spa had something break. I can't believe it! After reading this forum for several months it seems impossible that this could happen. My My My, it must be a huge mistake. I got the feeling that only the (lesser quality) tubs ever broke down. Good to know that even the wonderful HS has some quality issues from time to time. Written some what tongue in cheek but not completely!

That's a dumb post. Like as if Mercedes or a BMW never broke down. They are still considered top cars.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 06:23:38 pm by cooltoy2000 »

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:30 pm »
Had mine go last week.  Called the Dealer, they said they had an order comming in soon.  They called on Friday, scheduled an appointment for Today and replaced it in about 15 minutes.

No problem, just good service.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42