What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Tahitian  (Read 3649 times)

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera Tahitian
« on: July 22, 2006, 09:41:29 pm »
Looks like we may very well be getting a Caldera Tahitian soon. Does anyone have one ? Any problems ? Do you like it ? How is it in the winter months. Anything you could possibly pass on regarding this Spa would be great.

Or any pros and cons

Great Forum..........  

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Tahitian
« on: July 22, 2006, 09:41:29 pm »

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
Re: Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:03:01 pm »
We've had ours since February or march.  No problems and we love it.  Haven't had a winter with it yet but looking forward to it.  We love the Spaglo lighting and the jet setup.  A different feel in every chair.  Then again we like everything about the tub.  Great product and it was a great decision for us.  Good luck and happy soaking if you get the Tahitian.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 10:03:38 pm by DoubleA »

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:11:28 pm »
If you don't mind me asking $$$$$ and what part of US you bought it.

Right now 2006 Tahitian 7999.00 steps, chemicals, dilery GFI box etc included

unclesalty

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 06:40:23 am »
I was qouted 7900 delivered for a tahitian in tampa florida.  We went for the geneva for the same price.Cover lifter, panel and startup chemicals included. I have steps from my previous spa.
We also  got the 12 month same as cash deal. My installer (the owner) stayed until the tub was full and went thru the owners manual and chem usage. They also moved my old spa to my truck out front.  :)

autoplay

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 02:48:46 pm »
2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia owner here.  The Tahitian is similar to the Geneva,except the Geneva has a lounger.

We love our tub!  Other than the sun fading of the cover,it looks as good as the day it was delivered.

It has been virtually trouble free.  3 months after purchase,we had a "spaglo" issue. The inside light was outta synch with the outside lights,and the main button controller was hot to the touch.  It turned out to be a "heatsink" issue. We called our dealer,and within 3 weeks,they took out the defective heatsink,and replaced it with an updated version.

I would verify with your dealer,if you do go with the Caldera,ask him/her if the heatsink under the controller,has been fixed/replaced with an updated version.  Mind you,mine's an 03 model,so it might have been rectified by now.

We paid 7295.00 in march of 03.  The price you have been quoted sounds good! The 06's selling currently in our town sell for a list price of 8900 bucks(I'm sure there's a little room to negotiate)

If your dealer knows/understands your committed to buying his product......see if he/she will throw in a freebie/s   I.E. ..  Chemicals,extra filter etc etc.  I personally would go after an extra filter as,they go for 65-70 bucks in my area. Plus,havin an extra filter is almost a must! Every 2 weeks I swap mine out,and soak the dirty 1 for a few days,wash/clean it,then I let it completely dry. After it's dry,I use a shop-vac to get anything out from the nook n crannies of the pleats.

Let us know what you ultimately decide upon,and,if you can,WET-TEST!

GL
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 02:49:09 pm by autoplay »

CapMorgan

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 09:38:22 pm »

I have a 2005 Caldera Tahitian Utopia which I bought in march of 2006 the dealer lowered the price 2 times to get rid of the tub to make room for the 2006 models he had coming in, I got it for $5,500 plus tax that was with starter chemicals, steps, and cover.

I had it 5 months now and I have had no problems with it at all.  I just love the tub it one of the best things I bought it really helps my bad back.

CapMorgan

Bosox

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 11:22:54 pm »
NOw really confused, we walked into another Caldera dealer and on display wet was 2005 Elation that they just filled two weeks ago. They qouted me 7600 w/cover, lifer, delivery, chemicals 5yr warranty, no steps. This is definetly a wet test as the jets seems different from the Tahitian. But the price is great. Funny thing is I hear lts of peolpe on this forum traveling far away to visit their Caldera dealers. We have here in Northern Ma 3 within 25 miles, one 50 and two other 75. All have different model to test. Maybe thats why its so expensive here.

Any other 05 Elation owers ?

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 11:45:23 am »
As anyone would recommend, go with what you like best in your wet test and the jet config you like best in the wet test and not by cheapest.  You'll never regret the extra 300 dollars you spent to get what you want, but you may regret not getting what you want down the line.  Good luck and happy wet testing.  In response to your earlier post I'm in the midwest and got it for around the same price.  Love it and miss it every day I don't get to sit in it.

autoplay

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 09:27:54 pm »
If I recall...the Elation has the speaker/CD setup as far as tunes.  I believe the Elation is smaller as far as volume of the tub,in comparision to the Geneva and the Tahitian.  I think the Elation also has less jets,and the horsepower of the pumps are lower.

WET TEST!  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 09:27:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42