What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to forum seeks advice on Hot Tub  (Read 1589 times)

Nocando10

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New to forum seeks advice on Hot Tub
« on: July 24, 2006, 04:14:27 pm »
Hi everyone!  I have been lurking, reading and researching for a bit and this is my first post.  I am going out today to look at a used 2005 D-1 @home series Sojourn HP.  It looks in perfect condition and looks great well maintained on a screened in porch.  The person wants 3500 for the tub with cover, lifter and steps.  I will have to pick it up and move it. I often need to move 1000 LB copiers at my work and have all the dollies I should need. They say I can back a trailer right up to a 2.5 foot deck to load it from.

My questions are is that a good price?
From What I can see the Tub looks perfect but is there anything I should look for?

D-1 Does not transfer Warranty so that kind of stinks.

Thank you,

John

Hot Tub Forum

New to forum seeks advice on Hot Tub
« on: July 24, 2006, 04:14:27 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: New to forum seeks advice on Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 05:27:49 pm »
Is it filled and running? If not can it be? I presume you opened it up and looked at the innards? Although with those fancy little plastic boxes that many manufacturers use you can't really see much! They must be an extra pain to work on since you can't get to anything unless other side panels come off that let you get to the rest of the equipment!

Not a sales person or knowledgable about repairing so others may have good ideas to add.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:28:25 pm by tanstaafl2 »
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:42:36 pm »
Check the weight of the cover, check the filter, and make sure all the adjustable dials turn smoothly and don't feel like they're stripped out.

Make sure that everything works on the tub, and then decide where you want to go from there.

Call your local D1 dealer and tell them that you are looking at a used model that their company makes and if they could tell you what a new one fetches and give you other hints on things to check for that you'll gladly give them your business.  They'll appreciate the gesture.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:42:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42