What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Bahia ??-- Is this a Bahia day or what??!  (Read 2203 times)

boobunnies

Sundance Bahia ??-- Is this a Bahia day or what??!
« on: July 22, 2006, 06:15:31 pm »
We just got back from the Sundance dealer-- were quoted $7,100 without the stereo and $7,600 with it-- FIRM price.

From reading the other posts I thought at first this was a high price, but I'm thinking this is the best we'll be able to do. Does this price seeme reasonable in CA?

Also, do home & garden shows make a difference in price? I thought they could knock down the price because of the show, but one dealer told me they can get full price at the shows because of their captive audience.

Just wondering if we should buy now or wait until the show comes around the end of October-- any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Bahia ??-- Is this a Bahia day or what??!
« on: July 22, 2006, 06:15:31 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Sundance Bahia ??-- Is this a Bahia day or wha
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 07:15:55 pm »
I was told (on here) that prices really wouldn't be any lower at Home Shows or say the LA County Fair when I was looking....

I wouldn't wait till October if you've found the tub you want.  I'd jump on it now and start enjoying spatopia.  Even with the outrageous temps (we are at 114 right now) we are using our tub almost nightly.

ucd9699

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:00:27 pm »
I am in California.  My dealer quoted me 6800 for the Bahia.  I asked if he had a state fair price.  He said he could knock $300 off.  

boobunnies

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:37:20 pm »
Wow-- $300 off of the $6800 or is that $6800 with the $300 markdown?

The dealer said he can't even buy it for $6000-- hard to know how much is true and how much is him sticking to a hard number.

Sounds like you've got a great deal- I'd snap it up- we loved the Bahia!

boobunnies

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 11:40:27 pm »
Ucd,

Sorry- I read another post that said you paid $6,500, which answers my above ??.  How recently was that and what model- the 05 or 06?

marianb

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 06:57:45 am »
Well, I've come to some conslusions about price and location.  I think I might have something here!
It appears that the prices have to do with location, location, location!  If you live near a dealer who has the dealership in an affluent area (like I do near Washington, DC), rent, taxes etc are hugely different from the dealer 3 hours down the road in southern Virginia.   This all translates to what the dealer can offer.

DEALERS OUT THERE.......IS THIS THE CASE?

Boo, you must live in a different part of Ca than UCD does.  That might make the difference.  Also, I was quoted $750 for the stereo, so yours is better.  Make sure you get the top of the line lifter too-it is so much easier to use.

rak346

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 07:25:55 am »
I was just quoted a price of 6995 for the Bahia. I live in Northwest Ohio and it was at Insideout Home Recreation Outfitters on 7-23-3006.

With Delivery and Set in place.
Ozone system.
Spa care Kit
Insulated Cover
Covermate Cover lifter
Upgraded Service warranty 3 years
12 months same as cash

Sounds like this is a pretty good deal ??? :)

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »
The costs of operating a spa dealership vary greatly from area to area.  Just the rent on retail space can vary from $16 to $50 per sq.ft. in different parts of the area I'm in.  That equates to over $10,000 per month difference for a 4000 sq. ft. spa showroom.
You have to make a reasonable amount of profit per spa in order to stay in business to serve your customers after the sale.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42