What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance - 800 vs. 600 series  (Read 5261 times)

marianb

Sundance - 800 vs. 600 series
« on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:00 am »
  I went to the sundance dealer and really liked and wet tested  the Optima.  It was $10,000 - everything included. Loved it! Then  I saw, but cld not wet test the 600 series Burlington.  It will be $6,000 - everything included. Of course, the Optima is more exciting and the warranty is longer.  Is it worth it to consider the $6000 tub and take my chances or is the $10,000 tub the way to go?  I don't even know if that was a fair Optima price.
Any Sundance people out there who can give me advice?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance - 800 vs. 600 series
« on: July 20, 2006, 05:25:00 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance - 800 vs. 600 series
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 08:33:55 am »
 Buying a Sundance isn't taking a chance, regardless of the model.  They're a good quaility product.  
I have a 2003 Optima, and really like it.  Depending on where you live $10K might be ok- does that price include the stereo?  That can add a thousand bucks to the price.
One difference is, as you're seeing, a shorter warranty period.  
The Burlington must be a pretty new model, we're just starting to hear about it on this board.
I suspect most of the price difference will be in the components.   Number of pumps has something to do with cost, as does size of the spa, number and type of jets, bells and whistles, control panel type, etc.....  
The length of the warranty absolutely factors into the price.
Despite there not being an itemized price on a warranty, there is absolutely a cost on the spa for any warranty- they are not free- we pay for them in the purchase price.  Longer warranty would usually cost more than a shorter one.
But you won't go wrong with either model.  
Look at both of them closely and decide if what you get in the Optima means more to you than the difference in price.  
Brewman

marianb

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 09:40:07 am »

Thanks, that helps.  I am just not sure if I will need a warranty that is so much longer.  I will have to figure out how much repairs would cost and how often the Sundance needs fixing.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:59:30 pm »
If the ONLY thing you are worried about is the difference in warranty, and the other differences mean little or nothing to you, then it's a no brainer- go with the Burlington.  

If you chose the Optima only because you want the warranty, then essentially you'd be paying $4000 for an extra two years coverage- assuming that the plumbing and equipment would be the risk area.  

No way are you likely to spend anywhere near $4k in that two years on the Burlington on repairs.  
Potentially $300 or $400?  Maybe if you need a new circ pump or similar.  

Again, that's assuming you're only concerned about the warranty.  
Brewman

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 05:02:05 pm »
The answer is......... go with the 780 Series Bahia. It has the same warranty as the Optima, practically same in size and layout, has 24 hr. circ. pump(Burlington doesn't), TONS of power, should run about $7000. A LOT of tub for the money!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

marianb

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 05:47:08 pm »
Wow! I can't believe you wrote about the Bahia - last night I looked at the brochure again and suddenly noticed the bahia - I went in today and dry tested it.

The dealer will have water in it for this weekend and I will wet test it.

She also suggested a similar tub that is a "come-on" for new dealers (acespas) that is a sundance spa - it is 5900 and has most of the  the features I like in the bahia - she will have that tub filled for me this weekend also.  So I will wet test all the tubs that I think will suit what I want.  Luckily my husband will go along with whatever makes me happy!

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 06:01:28 pm »
I'm a Sundance dealer and have never heard of Acespas.
It looks as though that is the name of a dealer in the DC area, is that where you are?

I don't know of Sundance private labeling their spas for dealers. I will check for you.

Until we find out what an "Acespa" really is stick with Sundance.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

ucd9699

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 08:20:33 pm »
I think 7,000 is high for the Bahia.  I have seen postings of between $5600 and 6500.  The MSRP at my dealer is $6800.  That is with all the goodies and without any negotiating.

marianb

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 04:58:05 am »
Hymbaw, yes I am in the DC area.  
Acespa is the name of the dealership and they are just starting to carry Sundance.  The dealer said that Sundance made a limited introductory less expensive ($5800) group of tubs to get the public in.
She also is asking $7600 for the Bahia on sale.
Am I being taken?

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:45 am »
$7600 including what?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42