What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Tiger River Caspian-- bargaining?  (Read 2670 times)

boobunnies

Hot Spring Tiger River Caspian-- bargaining?
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:18:27 am »
The price the dealer gave us for the Caspian was $6,995. He said it includes the cover, steps, delivery and installation.  Is that standard that spas come with everything?

Also, is that a good price?  Also, what is the etiquette to haggling?  Is it like a car dealer where you haggle down numbers, or is the price pretty set?

I don't want to be out of line by talking price and trying to get the best deal, but I don't want to be taken either...

Sorry I'm such a newbie in this area.  Help!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Tiger River Caspian-- bargaining?
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:18:27 am »

marianb

Re: Hot Spring Tiger River Caspian-- bargaining?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 04:43:26 am »
Your questions are perfect for what I am wondering too.
I am as new at this as you, though, so I have no answers.  I hope you get good response to this - I'll be hanging on every word!

Is there something like a blue book list for spas like you can read for cars?  That would help.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:59:07 am »
Hey Boo,

that's just about what I paid for my Caspain last year, except it came with the freshwater ozinator. I don't beliver the O3 is standard on the tub.

But given the prices I've seen posted this year, that sounds like a fair price to me.

I tired my damnest to get the price down on mine with no luck....I offered to pay in cash, tried to get a floor model, asked for freebies....the dealer was firm.

I think there is no harm what so ever in haggleing. Just don't let it get out of hand.  Polite, firm and be willing to stand by what you say.

Typically,  I would start by asking "is there anything you can do for me on the price?"   and see what happens.   You could, rather than look for price reduction, get the 03 thrown in, or an extra filter (I think they run about $65 or so). ?

Be polite, know your numbers and budget, don't get offensive, but do not be afraid to ask what type of deal you can work out.  

Good luck!
07 Caldera Geneva

Razzman

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 11:23:17 am »
The price the dealer gave us for the Caspian was $6,995. He said it includes the cover, steps, delivery and installation.  Is that standard that spas come with everything?

Also, is that a good price?  Also, what is the etiquette to haggling?  Is it like a car dealer where you haggle down numbers, or is the price pretty set?

I don't want to be out of line by talking price and trying to get the best deal, but I don't want to be taken either...

Sorry I'm such a newbie in this area.  Help!

Just so happens that while at the local HS dealer wet testing the HS Vanguard I looked at the TR Caspian, he wants $8000 for it! Your $6995 quote sounds pretty good!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:31:07 am »

Just so happens that while at the local HS dealer wet testing the HS Vanguard I looked at the TR Caspian, he wants $8000 for it! Your $6995 quote sounds pretty good!

$8000 for a Caspian?

In another thread I read $10,000 for the Envoy...

amazing.

Check out the burllington in the other thread before making a deicsion.
07 Caldera Geneva

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:27 am »
Prices are definitely going to vary based on dealer strategy.  Some dealers are of the mind that since the Tiger River is very close to the same quality as the Vanguard, that they should charge as such.

Others hold the opinion that the Tiger River is a price-point, and price it as such.

6995 is a great price on a Caspian.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:50:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42