What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Replace Ozonator?  (Read 2885 times)

kered

• 2002 Down East Portsmouth
Replace Ozonator?
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:01:40 pm »
Hi All,

I have a 2002 Down East Portsmouth Spa. I believe the ozonator may be bad. I've searched and read past posts and didn't see anything about really being able to test and see if a CD ozonator works. The salesman told me that even on a CD ozonator, there is a light that thould be on (is that true?). There is what appears to be a window on my ozonator and I see no light.

The model number on the ozonator is 4-0030MS. Do all CD ozonators have that chip that you can replace and is that much cheaper than replacing the whole unit? Would a replacement unit be better than getting the factory replacement? If so, what's a good unit? And I do run on a circulation pump,

Thanks very much in advance.

KT
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 11:04:27 pm by kered »

Hot Tub Forum

Replace Ozonator?
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:01:40 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Replace Ozonator?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:42:08 am »
I recall lots of posts about the 'smell' of ozone, but I don't "get it" I guess..... :(  maybe my sniffer's on the fritz or something? Hopefully one of these fine members can ease your mind and answer your question all at once. ;) I'd also like to know more more MORE!!!! ;)
RIP C-Rod

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:00:59 am »
You can actually buy a reagent test kit for Ozone.  I bought one here:
http://askalanaquestion.com/pool_&_spa_test_kits_store.htm

I thought my ozonator might be faulty when I first got my tub and had a lot of water chemistry issues.  Since my last drain and fill the water has stayed crystal clear.  (I finally got the chemistry thing figured out)

I can actually smell the ozone now (right after I lift the cover), so I never actully used the reagent kit.

What got me a little miffed was that my local Hot Springs dealer installed a JED Model 103 ozonator in my tub, yet charged me for what I think a Watkins unit goes for.  If the JED unit ever goes bad, I will replace it myself and save $300.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:00:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42