What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima Vs. Jacuzzi J-470  (Read 6984 times)

vanduse1

Sundance Optima Vs. Jacuzzi J-470
« on: July 15, 2006, 01:45:47 pm »
I need some help deciding between a new '06 Optima and '06 J-470. I have looked and researched both units and am now looking for some additional opinions. Does anyone have any strong opinions on the differences between the two? Has anyone experienced the Aromathearopy of the Sundance? That feature sounds appealing but I don't know how well it works and don't want that to be the basis of my decision if it is not worth it. I have drytested both units but have not wet tested either at this time.  

Also, here is the pricing I was quoted by my dealer on my first visit. I have not tired any negotiation at this point.  Please let me know what others have paid for these tubs.  

Optima ($9600) - Includes Cover, Lift, Startup Chemicals, Ozone, Deliver/Install, etc.
- Stereo Option $1200

J-470 ($10,000) - Includes Cover, Lift, Steps, Startup Chemicals, Ozone, Deliver/Install, etc.
- Stereo Option $800

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima Vs. Jacuzzi J-470
« on: July 15, 2006, 01:45:47 pm »

Stress_Relief

• JACUZZI!
Re: Sundance Optima Vs. Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:07:43 pm »
I have had the J-470 for a week and absolutely love it.  Don't know enough about the Sundance to comment.  However, I wouldn't base your choice on the aromatherapy.  I throw a little into the J-470 and it's magnificent.  The fit and finish of the Jacuzzi is impressive.  The filtration system seems amazing.  Good luck with your choice!

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 03:02:36 pm »
Hey, Stress Relief I'm confused earlier you said...
Thoughts about Jacuzzi Hot Tubs
« on: Jul 12th, 2006, 3:04pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am interested in purchasing the Jacuzzi J-470.  Is anyone familiar with this new 50th Anniversary model?  Has anyone ever sold or repaired them?  Has anyone ever purchased one?  The spa looks beautiful.  Is the quality there?  Thanks so much for your thoughts!

And then today you post that you have had your tub for a week.  3 days ago you hadn't purchased it and today you've had it a week?  I could see not being exact on the days, but if you looked 3 days ago, even if they had it in stock I'd be surprised if you had the site prepped, the electrical, and the tub delivered by now.  

I have had the J-470 for a week and absolutely love it.  Don't know enough about the Sundance to comment.  However, I wouldn't base your choice on the aromatherapy.  I throw a little into the J-470 and it's magnificent.  The fit and finish of the Jacuzzi is impressive.  The filtration system seems amazing.  Good luck with your choice!

I apologize in advance if I'm reading too much into this, BUT we really like people to be honest and straightforward here.  No need to lie about who you are (i.e. dealer vs consumer) and what you have or sell.  And if you are going to lie, you might want to cover your tracks a little better.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 04:17:47 pm »
We have an 06 Optima. I see no value in the air blower/aromatherapy system. The tub is a real winner, second to none, despite the parochial ravings of HS dealers, but the air blower system is something you should place no value on in my opinion. I didn't and I'm satisfied.

Stress_Relief

• JACUZZI!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 04:43:26 pm »
Brookenstein,

While I appreciate your forensic abilities, this forum is about our thoughts and feeling about hot tubs.  I am enjoying my J-470 and it appears that you wish you were too.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:49:56 pm »
Brookenstein,

While I appreciate your forensic abilities, this forum is about our thoughts and feeling about hot tubs.  I am enjoying my J-470 and it appears that you wish you were too.

I think she asks a legitimate question. This forum works best when everyone is honest and straight forward. Are you just a new Jacuzzi owner, or another agenda?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:30:07 pm »
My intention was for the information to be clarified that is all.  I didn't know if you had buyers remorse and was asking the information after you bought the tub, OR if you were a dealer new to the board just trying to get an idea of what we would say about the tub and Jacuzzi in general.  

For the record, I am in heaven in my 05 Hot Spring Envoy and it is the best hot tub for me.  No 470 envy on my end.

Brookenstein,

Stress_Relief

• JACUZZI!
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 10:34:46 am »
If one is not envious, one needs not share that with others.

;D

vanduse1

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 03:49:23 pm »
There still doesn't seem to be much opinion on my origional post.  Any help/guidance would be appreciated.  Especially on the price topic.  I mistyped and the Optima is actually 9900.  I still think both the prices seem high compared to others.  Thoughts?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 08:06:48 pm »
If one is not envious, one needs not share that with others.

;D

Still haven't addressed Brook's question.  Hmmm.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Stress_Relief

• JACUZZI!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:14:23 pm »
For those of you who have addressed the posted issue.  Thank you.   :)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:43:58 am »
Those prices are in line with what most pay. Either product will satisfy.

I need some help deciding between a new '06 Optima and '06 J-470. I have looked and researched both units and am now looking for some additional opinions. Does anyone have any strong opinions on the differences between the two? Has anyone experienced the Aromathearopy of the Sundance? That feature sounds appealing but I don't know how well it works and don't want that to be the basis of my decision if it is not worth it. I have drytested both units but have not wet tested either at this time.  

Also, here is the pricing I was quoted by my dealer on my first visit. I have not tired any negotiation at this point.  Please let me know what others have paid for these tubs.  

Optima ($9600) - Includes Cover, Lift, Startup Chemicals, Ozone, Deliver/Install, etc.
- Stereo Option $1200

J-470 ($10,000) - Includes Cover, Lift, Steps, Startup Chemicals, Ozone, Deliver/Install, etc.
- Stereo Option $800

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 11:16:43 am »
We looked at the J385 and Optima about a year ago...I believe the price we got was $8200 on the J385 and I think around $9,000 on the Optima.  So I'd say those prices are in line.

I support Brooks observation.  
2005 Marquis Epic

tubbyB

• tub newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 11:22:52 am »
My wife loved the aromatherapy when we checked out the tub at the dealers. (We have'nt bought yet but have decided to purchase the '06 Optima)

It was not a factor in my decision, but that was only half of the final decision, so I guess it was a factor, but not to me and not as much as a full factor. Its a nice feature.

Good luck
'06 Optima

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 11:23:28 am »
Way to call 'em out Brook!

"Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people"
                                 Kin Hubbard
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 11:23:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42