What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Flo Error  (Read 4856 times)

ptann

Artesian Flo Error
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »
Just got er and filled her up now I am getting a flow errow  ??? whenever I turn it on, any suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Flo Error
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Artesian Flo Error
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 08:22:04 pm »
Turn off tub, remove the filters, turn on and run the pumps ... you may have an air lock.

The other thing you can try is to loosen up the diverter valves - it'll let any trapped air to escape. I haven't tried it yet but my dealer told me this works 99% of the time.

Let us know how it goes!

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:57:50 pm »
Hi,
With my Artesian, whenever I change the water, the pumps get air-bound and I found that this works. Turn one pump on at a time, almost as soon as you press the button for the pump, press again to shut off. do this several times, you are just "bumping pump over". This way, I purge all the air out of the pumps and it only takes a few "bumps" of each pump for it to work

good luck
john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
I forgot ... the higher end Artesians don't have diverter valves ... Actually that is the procedure in the manual for mine as well.

ptann

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:37:42 pm »
Well the dealer came out today to finish up and found out the tub was only getting one leg of power.  The electrician then came out and he discovered the breaker at the panel box was bad.  He is at the home depot now getting a new one.  Thanks for the advice it was great to have somewhere to turn when I was frustrated and perplexed ::)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 01:44:59 pm »
Hi ptann:

I'd suggest keeping a record of what occurred. The electrician obviously did not test the circuit he installed, if he would have he'd have caught it. If "one leg" of a 220 V circuit was not working, it means you tried to operate pumps and other stuff on 110. This may or may not have damaged equipment and if stuff suddenly starts "popping up," I'd suggest having a conversation with your electrician.

Most likely, this WON'T be a problem because of built-in safeties, BUT, you never know...

Good Luck!

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

ptann

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:24:36 am »
Thanks Drew the way I understand the wireing (explained on site by the dealer) is that one leg (the working one) was sending power to the spa pack, stereo and lights.  The other leg was for the pumps so they did not get a little power, they got none.  He seemed pretty confident that no damage occured.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 08:24:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42