What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hs envoy vs sd cameo  (Read 6805 times)

lilcesar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: hs envoy vs sd cameo
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 12:44:45 pm »
ok so either is good it is just up to me and whether i want to buy filters once a year or twice a year. also what jets i like. there should be no issue with warranties (like cal spas). anything else.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 12:44:45 pm »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 12:56:02 pm »
I can't believe what people are paying for hot tubs..

shop around you can do better than that, maybe start looking at other brands as well..

I just bought an Artesian Opal, with 34 Jets(stainless) Full foam, Ozonator, 3 pumps, plus one circ pump. It also has a 5 year warrenty on parts and labor.
I paid thousands less than your quote of 9000+

Am I missing something? Why are HS and Sundance so expensive?

sledjunkie - I noticed you are missing the fact that the tubs being asked about here are not the same size as the one that you purchased - that does make a difference.  Plus didn't I read in one of your post that the dealer isn't delivering the spa, that you are picking it up yourself?  I would hope if I was going to do that, that the dealer would knock off some on the price.

I checked out the Artesian, Hot Springs, Marquis, CalSpa, and Sundance during my search.  Call me materialistic if you want but I just didn't like the looks of the Artesian or CalSpa.  On the Hot Springs I didn't like the Moto-thingy -  seems that people either love it or hate it.  Didn't like the tri-zone thing with Marquis.  That narrowed my selection down to a Sundance.

Picking a spa is a personal choice based on the options you want, maybe even the look you want and most importantly, whether or not it fits you.  From what I learned during my search, the prices you were quoted seem reasonable.

Good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 01:20:47 pm by jnolan »

tubbyB

• tub newbie
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006, 01:34:57 pm »
Are those prices taxes in?

We pay 13% sales tax  >:( here, a significant burden when you are talking about a tub for 9-10K

'06 Optima

lilcesar

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2006, 01:46:41 pm »
yes that is tax included

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 02:43:06 pm »
yes that is tax included

Are you comparing apples to apples as far as what comes with it like chems, lifter, ozone, steps, etc.  (and make sure they're comparable, there are cheap lifters, steps and ozonators and there are premium ones)?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 04:49:01 pm »
Are those prices taxes in?

We pay 13% sales tax  >:( here, a significant burden when you are talking about a tub for 9-10K

Ouch!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hymbaw

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 04:57:55 pm »

And I know some folks who got them for 2K less.

The posts you linked to were people buying '05 tubs in April of '06. There are deals to be had for sure(especially that time of year) You are correct, it never hurts to look around. The prices they were quoted are fair and I think they'll have trouble finding a deal like you can in the first quarter.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 09:05:01 am »

The posts you linked to were people buying '05 tubs in April of '06. There are deals to be had for sure(especially that time of year) You are correct, it never hurts to look around. The prices they were quoted are fair and I think they'll have trouble finding a deal like you can in the first quarter.

With the revelation that there is a 13% tax included,  
:o, and the huge increase in fuel, sure, I can see the price being more in line,  But geezo, talk about sticker shock. Incredible.
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 11:03:01 am »
Where is this 13% sales tax occuring?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 12:11:22 pm »
Where is this 13% sales tax occuring?
Browsing quickly, I saw Tubby's post of 13%.  Perhaps I assumed too much.  I see that CA state sales tax is 7%  

That would mean  a pretax price of about $8400 for the Sundance Cameo, and about $8900 for the Hotsprings Envoy.

:o
07 Caldera Geneva

cyrustubman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 09:49:39 pm »
"Am I missing something? Why are HS and Sundance so expensive? "

To pay for all that marketing.

Uh no!  Sundance and Hot Spring are far better tubs.  The insulation for one is better on the Hot Springs.  It is not just fully foamed, but its a closed cell foam, provides better insulation.  If you want anything better in life you will most of the time pay for it.  Hot Springs and Sundance out rank all the other tubs.

But, if you are a penny pincher, go buy a cheaper tub, you will regret it in the long run.

Jack_L

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 01:01:01 am »
"Am I missing something? Why are HS and Sundance so expensive? "

To pay for all that marketing.

Uh no!  Sundance and Hot Spring are far better tubs.  The insulation for one is better on the Hot Springs.  It is not just fully foamed, but its a closed cell foam, provides better insulation.  If you want anything better in life you will most of the time pay for it.  Hot Springs and Sundance out rank all the other tubs.

But, if you are a penny pincher, go buy a cheaper tub, you will regret it in the long run.

If a person wants to save their pennies they can buy their tubs from companies that build tubs out of old lumber mills and store them outside until they are ready to be finished.  Yes, sometimes there are good reasons why some tubs are more expensive then others and its not always marketing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 01:07:00 am by Jack_L »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2006, 01:01:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42