What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The longer I look...the more confused I get!!  (Read 9862 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: The longer I look...the more confused I get!!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 04:22:38 pm »
...I am not going to try and say what I feel is the best but some the things written in this thread are simply inaccurate........

I wish you would share your opinions.  ???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 04:23:11 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 04:22:38 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 04:55:34 pm »
As far as I read, the entire topic was pro-Marquis with the exception of Drewstar's post.  Are you saying the innaccuracies lie within the pro-Marquis posts?  I carry neither of the 3 spas mentioned, but found that comments like "no better insulated spa out there" pertaining to Marquis to be the only misleading info on this topic, as well as comments made on 24hr circ pumps and ozone.

Which spa would an 8 year old pick?  I'm curious...

Once Drewstar revised his statement about the foam I didn't see his post as negative about Marquis really but but rather he was just more pro toward the other 2 and was just giving an opinion so I'm not sure why anyone would have issue with the opinins given unless I missed something. All 3 of those spas are well made and I think any 8 yr old would be happy to own any one of the 3 LOL. The board has gotten a bit testy lately though.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 05:41:26 pm »

Once Drewstar revised his statement about the foam I didn't see his post as negative about Marquis really but but rather he was just more pro toward the other 2 and was just giving an opinion so I'm not sure why anyone would have issue with the opinins given unless I missed something. All 3 of those spas are well made and I think any 8 yr old would be happy to own any one of the 3 LOL. The board has gotten a bit testy lately though.
I didn't see it as a negetive either, that's why I questioned where the issue was?  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 07:40:27 pm »
It is an accumulative thing here with the posts of late...I appreciate that someone edited their own post but why not just delete what you know is not accurate in the first place....Also I agree that making statements that "we are the best" always opens you up to be picked apart and I think that is fair...I just have found the board here to be lacking in what used to be common courtesy and respect of others.....I know for me personally that in the last thirty days I had a chance to look at several makes up close and  I came away very proud and confinednt in the product I carry...I am sure the dealers here feel the same about theirs....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:42:03 pm by Mendocino101 »

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 08:07:34 pm »
Most of the posters on this forum are dealers. Use this as a baseline for what brand spas to take a look at. Then shop around. Go to local dealers and wet test. Then once you start narrowing down how much you want to spend and what tubs you like. Call everywhere, even non local dealers to try and get the right price. From what I learned these dealers are making about 2-3 thousand dollars on these spas. Shop around for the best price. Don't buy into the dealer support is most important thing. It's not that important. Most likley you will not have issues with your spa until after the warrenty is up anyway. Dealers will  travel hours away if you buy from them, so don't limit yourself to just one dealer...

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 09:07:52 pm »
Thanks everyone for the help and advice.  I think the issue is wet testing my final three.  All three brands are obviously good and each dealer will say that his is best...and rightly so! ;)  Testing the Marquis is easy (local dealer).  The other two (Sundance & Caldera) dealers I am looking at are not so close to me.  I guess I have to pick a Saturday and just do some driving!  Its been 5 weeks since I tested the Caldera so I probably would want to test it again as well.  I could visit my local Sundance/Caldera dealer and test there but since their prices are so much higher and they will not come down, I hate wasting their time testing their spas that I have no intention of buying.  Anyway so now the only thing standing in my way is actually wet testing all three again.  

I think I probably could knock all three off in a day or two.  I will report my findings.  For now my patio and kids are doing the waiting game, quite impatiently I might add! ;)  

Marc

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 09:08:02 am »
It is an accumulative thing here with the posts of late...I appreciate that someone edited their own post but why not just delete what you know is not accurate in the first place....Also I agree that making statements that "we are the best" always opens you up to be picked apart and I think that is fair...I just have found the board here to be lacking in what used to be common courtesy and respect of others.....I know for me personally that in the last thirty days I had a chance to look at several makes up close and  I came away very proud and confinednt in the product I carry...I am sure the dealers here feel the same about theirs....

I belive it was best to leave my original post, and amend it, rather than remove/delete information.  This allows for full disclosure (if you will) of what i said, why and when and what I ammended.  It shows my opinon, why, my mistakes, and my correction of those mistakes.  I Think by leaving those mistakes, with the correction,   allow readers, to know a bit more about who wrote it and were they are comming from.  

'm not trying to sell a tub, I trying to join in on the concersation, bring my own personality to the forum and learn, and share what I know and belive.
[

I'm not a dealer.

I'm stating my opinion (just as everyone else is, regardless what you may belive).

If anyone has a problem, I would appreciate it  if they addressed me directly.

If you want a smaller tub, and pay for the extra's like the remote and in house sensor, and don't want to wet test, grab the marquis,

for my money I'd look at the other two more closely.

All three tubs have decent reps, and a wet test I think shoulld be the decidning factor.  IT was a mental exercise .

so relax, it 's a  hot tub.  

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 09:12:57 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2006, 10:58:51 am »
I am going to add my opinion on the monitor. I received the in home monitor for my Epic from my sister for Christmas. At first I was upset that she paid so much for something that I thought was a "fluff" item.
After almost 7 months, I can honestly say, I love the in home monitor. During the winter months, it is nice to have the tub temperature available from the inside of the house. I like being able to turn on the step lights from my mudroom. If I have turned the temperature down because we haven't used the tub for a couple of days, I can turn it up without even opening the tub.
I also like knowing that if something goes wrong with the tub, (like when we have power failures) the monitor will alarm and let me know.

Right now when it is so hot outside, I have the temp turned way down. My hubby still likes the tub temp to be 101, so when he walks in from work, and knows he will be using the tub, he uses the monitor to check the temp and turn the temp up so the tub will warm during a filtration cycle and be ready for him at 9. It takes him all of 3 seconds to do that ....

Maybe I am spoiled, but I have to say I just love my spa monitor  ;D

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 11:12:49 am »
Boni,

for folks who live where its cold...The monitor is a very nice feature for those who live where they do not have the colder winters it is something that might not be needed like in Florida or California that's why we choose not to include them and pass the savings along to our customers....

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 11:17:46 am »
I think that is a great idea Mendo, I am just saying after having the monitor, no matter where I live, I still want that monitor. I guess I am a gadget kind of person but anything that saves me time and GIVES ME CONTROL makes me happy  ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 11:23:10 am »
I think that is a great idea Mendo, I am just saying after having the monitor, no matter where I live, I still want that monitor. I guess I am a gadget kind of person but anything that saves me time and GIVES ME CONTROL makes me happy  ;)

That's funny bonnie, in my house the gadget would cause fights.  ;)  My wife likes the tub cooler and if there was a remote in the house, she'd be constantly fiddling with it, turning it down on me. I'd be turning it back up.

lawyers would be needed.

/maybe I'd get to keep the tub in the settlement.
;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 11:32:21 am »
We fight over the temperature too, Drew, but the monitor is our solution. He isn't growling because I turned the temp down since he can easily look at the temp as he walks in the door and set it where he wants it for that night. If he forgets to look and reset it......that's on him! When he is done and the cover is replaced, (he is almost always the last one out of the tub), I  turn the temp back down..

.In my mind, I don't need to be heating that tub when we are in a swimming pool mode ...in his mind you should always have the tub ready to use and HOT no matter if it is 101  in the shade!  >:(

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 11:32:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42