What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Swear.....  (Read 3358 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
I Swear.....
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:52:15 pm »
A nice lady just bought an Envoy from me.  She said she saw the Little Tyke tent up the road and was curious about them.  I gave her a little history that I've gleaned from this and other forums as well as showed her the pics I took when they were in Tyler.  She thought I was exaggerating so I suggested she go and see for herself.

So she did.

She came back chuckling and told me these were the things I was right about:

1.  Flimsy cabinet- I told her to kick it like I kicked our spas.  She said the salesguy banged on it and said "See how sturdy it is?"  She said "It's still wobbling."  He said "That's because we haven't filled them up with water yet."   :D

2.  Lack of service- I told her they would say there are several dealers who would service her spa.  She asked the question, he replied "Oh, we have several authorized dealers in Longview.  Any one of them will take care of you." (Bullcorn, there's never been a Little Tyke dealer here to my recollection.)  :D

3.  Bypass valves- I told her he would say they were safety fittings or bottom filtration ports.  She asked "Are those the little things that give you hickeys?"  He said "You'll be getting hickeys from other places if you own one of these babies!  Haw Haw Hawww!  Actually, they filter dirt from the bottom of the spa." Bullcorn!

4.  Little Tyke Rebate Scam- I told her I don't think they do it anymore but see if he offers her a rebate.  She asked "How much is that spa?"  He replied "It's $XXX amount, but we are offering a rebate through Consumer's Trust that if you choose to participate, you'll get that money back."  BULLSHIITE!!!!!!

So, in spite of all the Little Tyke apologists that say that is in the past, THEY ARE STILL DOING IT AS OF 5:45 PM CST ON JULY 7, 2006 IN LONGVIEW, TEXAS.

I gave her a SpaVac as a thank you.

So pooh!

Terminator

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 07:54:27 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

I Swear.....
« on: July 07, 2006, 07:52:15 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: I Swear.....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:12:36 pm »
Will the SpaVac give her a hickey?  ::) ;D
RIP C-Rod

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:48:30 pm »
Terminator,

I would be happy to check out any dealers in Southwestern Ontario, Canada for you in exchange for????  HA HA
Bullfrog 451

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:03:50 am »
Wow.

:(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 12:42:10 am »
Wow is right.  If you have them in your area, as we do, be prepared.  You can print information from the Atty General's office of the State of Missouri concerning the rebate program (scam).  If you can find a way to educate your customer about this issue (as we have)without bad-mouthing the competitors directly you can save the customer from a bad experience and possibly sell them your (superior) product.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 12:06:26 pm »
Terminator,

I would be happy to check out any dealers in Southwestern Ontario, Canada for you in exchange for????  HA HA

I appreciate the offer and if the compensation you were referring to is of a sexual nature, I will regretfully have to decline.  But I do appreciate your willingness to help. :)

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 05:30:29 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:32 am »
I thought Consumers Turst's folks went out of business and were being sued?
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:43:14 am »
I thought Consumers Turst's folks went out of business and were being sued?

Enquiring minds want to know. She verified that a "Rebate program was being offered, but she didn't verify that Consumer's Trust was involved did she? Where are your under cover people? Tammy isn't busy is she?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 10:51:34 am »
Possibly another scam going on with the rebates?
Or the same people with a different name?

The Master spa dealer across the street is still having their never ending spa sale, but they don't mention rebates in their full page newspaper ad anymore.

Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 11:13:51 am »
Possibly another scam going on with the rebates?
Or the same people with a different name?

The Master spa dealer across the street is still having their never ending spa sale, but they don't mention rebates in their full page newspaper ad anymore.

Even though the dealers can claim after the fact that the rebates weren't theirs, I imagine many of them may be shying away because now they know they'll have customers coming back after them if they're aware of the past scandalous results. However, these traveling road show guys obviously don't care and we know they know how this will end up; they'll be off in some other town so if they think these scam rebates will help the sale they'll keep shoveling it (or at least this crew is).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:45:46 am »
The rebate company may have been independent from the spa dealer, but if it was me, I'd be going right back to them since they were the ones that hooked me up to it.

They in my opinion were acting as an agent for that company.  Maybe not legally, but what customer is going to buy that."Sorry your money is gone, but it's not our problem" line of bs.

Except that I'd never have fallen for it in the first place.
I read about it in Masters ad when I was spa shopping, and couldn't for the life of me understand how the numbers could possibly work.  It was one reason I didn't even visit the dealer.  Their spas may well have been excellent, but their marketing style just didn't sit well with me.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 11:45:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42