What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vertically challenged  (Read 5176 times)

Snowbird

• What did he say?
Re: Vertically challenged
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 10:16:49 am »
Doc has a donut shaped pillow that you fill with water.  It will raise you up about 3 inches.  You can use a jet to pump it up (turn the air off first), just don't over do it cause the seams will burst when you sit on it. (voice of experience!).

Wifey is 5'4" and it works for her in our 36 inch deep J385.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 10:16:49 am »

sharkgirl

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 08:47:10 am »
Well, folks, we did our wet test.  Unfortunatley, we had to test the model that they already had water in.  They wouldn't fill up the particular model we were interested in buying.  Disappointing.  That could have sealed the deal; now I want to shop around some more.  I don't understand why they wouldn't fill the tub for us...we had been in the showroom 4-5 times already, so it should have been obvious that we are serious shoppers.  

Again, because I'm 'vertically challenged', seating height was my biggest reason for wet testing. Some of the seats in the model we tested were comfortable and tall enough, but since that was not the model we were interested in, kind of a moot point.  

Also, we had to test the tub during their regular work hours....so there were customers walking around when hubbie and I scrambled around in our bathing suits. Uncomfortable about that.

I'm not giving up......I would still like to look at Beachcomber, Arctic, and Hot Springs.  We shall see how the wet testing experience differs with other dealers.   :P

kysteelerja

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 05:01:07 pm »
the fact that they wouldn't fill the tub you were inerested in may've been a clue to search elsewhere. our dealer was willing to let us wet test any model on the floor with 2 day notice, so they could move it to the mood room, nice set up. that pretty much sold us once we wet tested. not dissappointed.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 01:34:28 am »
I have a Sundance Maxxus. Its a big tub, in area and is deep. We saw it at a home show and liked the size. My wife is 5'2". So we were concerned that it would be too deep for her. So we ask to wet test. The dealer said anytime.  My wife found the Maxxus to be just right for her. We just don't turn the flow to high so she doesn't float. It will float a large person if you configure it right. I could care less if you buy a Sundance. Just take the time to configure the tub that you get in to make sure its right. But do wet test.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 07:45:12 pm »
5'0" tall here, so you are taller than me!   ;)  I own a 2003 HotSpring Vanguard & still love it!!!  I wet tested a lot of different models, in fact, one dealer filled multiple tubs for me to test all in one day!!   ;)

Keep your mind open and look at every available brand and model.  Wet test all of them, if possible!  You will find one that fits!

Good luck!!  And you won't drown, I wet tested the LA Heet model & some of the seats were way too deep, but I just floated, I didn't drown!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 07:45:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42