What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Slight Yellow discoloration on jets  (Read 4650 times)

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
Slight Yellow discoloration on jets
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:27:37 pm »
Just wondering why and how to resolve the slight yellow discoloration I am getting on my white jets?  I am using dichlor and N2.  Switch over in March.  Any thoughts would be helpful.

Also I am noticing that some of the dichlor is not disloving as I think it should.  I am finding white granuals/paste in my N2 stick when I clean my filters...anyone else ever get this and how did you solve it?

Thanks again.
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

Slight Yellow discoloration on jets
« on: July 08, 2006, 12:27:37 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Slight Yellow discoloration on jets
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 01:38:52 pm »
Sorry, but I can't help you with the white jets - I actually thought Artesian uses grey jets (mine are grey with SS rings).

But as fior the "paste" - where are you adding the dichlor? I typically add it to the tub with all the jets on and haven't had a problem yet. I've read that some people add it to their filter compartment and maybe that's the problem. Also, what's your other chemistry's look like ... maybe it's hard water and the dichlor can't desolve or even calcium buildup.

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 03:32:07 pm »
I turn on all the jets and sprinkle the amount of dichlor needed into the tub, and for some reason it is not all disolving.  I will look into the calcium build up, but I am using Miniquest when I shock to eleviate any mineral build up.  Well and you  are right the jet heads are gray but the insides when you pull them out of their holes are white on the inside.  All my readings of ph and alk and chlorine are normal.  I will begin adding the dichlor at the far end of the tub instead of the middle and see what happens.  

Thanks Vinny, I appreciate your response.  If anyone else has experienced these issues, I would like to hear from you and how you solved them.  Thanks again to all the users of this message board.  I have learned so much and you all have been most helpful whenever I need a fix!!!!   ;D
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 04:17:36 pm »
Take some water to a dealer and have them check your Total Dissolved Solids. When TDS get way high things have a hard time dissolving.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 04:17:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42