What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help in site prep  (Read 1591 times)

texag65

• GIG 'EM
Need help in site prep
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:13:30 pm »
We have a D1 Sarena ($9899) coming on Monday.  We have an 8'tub in our deck, but are putting this in an area that has been covered with gravel.  The movers are going to place the tub on some 8x8 sheets pf something like foam insulation.  

What is the best way to level the area for the tub?  Any tips would be helpful.  The hot tub staf told us to remove the gravel.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Need help in site prep
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:13:30 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Need help in site prep
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 12:46:16 am »
I assume that they are bringing a portable spa pad.  You will want to level the surface first, preferrably by removing dirt / gravel on the high side.  You don't want to build up the low side, as it will settle in the future and cause problems for the spa and pad.  When you level out the high side, think about drainage.  You don't want to create an area that will collect and hold water.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:16:59 am »
I used the plastic spa pads and first leveled the area  with sand.  I wet it down a bit and tamped it so it didn't settle later. I used the pad because we weren't sure the spa was going to stay there. I'm replacing the patio and the spa may get moved.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 11:18:00 am by GoBlue »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 11:16:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42