What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Landmark pump problem!  (Read 2249 times)

pt

HS Landmark pump problem!
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:13:57 pm »
This is a great forum! I recently moved into a new house that came with a hot springs landmark hot tub - it's our first and I love it! Cant live w/o it now!

Now, for my problem. I got everything up and running fine (was drained when we moved in) and all has been well for 3 months. Just a couple days ago I go to use the spa and I notice it's not that hot, the jets will not work and the power light is blinking. So, I look in the manual and it sounds like the heater high limit has tripped so I reset per the instructions and still have the same issue. According to the book that means the circulator pump is bad - does this sound right for a 4-5yr old spa? also, the previous owner told me he never bought new filters, just cleaned the old ones with a hose - I've been doing that and they look fine, but is it possible they could be so clogged as to stop flow? I guess I'll have to call for service, I'm just wishing it was something I could do myself - any ideas? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

HS Landmark pump problem!
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:13:57 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: HS Landmark pump problem!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:20:45 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :)

Try this:  shut off the power, take out the filters, turn the power back on.  If the lights don't start blinking, you know the filters are dirty and should probably be replaced.  If the lights go to blinking again, call the service department as it may very well be the circ pump.

I'll bet it's the filters.  5 years is long enough for those filters.  I wouldn't want to be using someone else's filters anyway.  Get you a set of Tri-X filters as replacements and you'll be very happy.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

pt

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 01:27:19 pm »
thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that. I actually drained it since it was about time for a water change anyway (they say 3-4 mos right). Do you think it would be ok to just partially fill it and turn the power on for just a sec to see if that does the trick, or should I go all the way and fill it completley? I dont want to burn the heater up..

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:25:21 pm »
Go ahead and fill 'er up. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 02:25:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42