What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stars?  Gazebo?  Mosquitos?  Ideas welcomed  (Read 20724 times)

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
Re: Stars?  Gazebo?  Mosquitos?  Ideas welcomed
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »
I live in Northern Wisconsin with the Misquito's. I have a very heavy wooded lot with a creek and a pond. This is Misquito Heaven. I purchased a Coleman Misquito Deleto for about $170.00 END OF PROBLEM. I have had it for 3 season's and zero Misquito problems. The old days of the Misquito's driving us freaken crazy is history. It even takes care of the nat's. It is a Cheap, Cheap Fix.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 10:58:55 pm »

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 07:54:54 am »
aaahhh,

How large of an area does it work on? Is it noisy?

Sounds like it might be a solutio the pesty bugs here in CT.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 08:58:17 am »
I live in Northern Wisconsin with the Misquito's. I have a very heavy wooded lot with a creek and a pond. This is Misquito Heaven. I purchased a Coleman Misquito Deleto for about $170.00 END OF PROBLEM. I have had it for 3 season's and zero Misquito problems. The old days of the Misquito's driving us freaken crazy is history. It even takes care of the nat's. It is a Cheap, Cheap Fix.

I've heard of the masquito Magnet by liberty and the reports are favorable.  I know they are available in several sizes and one model is also solar powered.  Iwas told that with the 1 acre sized unit (the largest they have) I should expect to refill the propane every 3 weeks or so.

What size Deleto do you have? how big of a yard/area are you using it in?  can you give me any infor on the amount of propane you use? Does the delito come in several sizes?

Sorry for the list of questions, but i've been debating one of these for 2 years now and reeally would aprrecaite your feedback.  

A while ago, at Namco  I also saw that Blue Rhino (the propane refilling company) also had thier name on a mosiquito unit......
07 Caldera Geneva

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 06:55:39 pm »
My Misquito Deleto is the 2200 system. How many models Coleman has I do not know, but I think 2 or 3. The propane tank last from mid to late May through mid to late September. Thats a 20lb tank. The book say's that a tank should last 40 day's. However I can claim much better results. I am on my 3rd season and I have had zero problems. It only uses a pilot light type flame and you can not see it. There are other units on the market but they also use propane and electricity for a vacuum. The Coleman uses the flypaper film. Works great. What is neat is I find chickadies perch on the coleman picking off the dead bugs. Ahhh The circle of life.

The Misquito Deleto is silent. Holding a sea shell up to your ear makes more noise. As far as size a Weber Bar-B-Que Grill is three times bigger. It kind of look's like something NASA sent to Mars.

How I understand it works is there is a lure inside of the Delito that heats up from the pilot light and creates a scent fooling the female misquito (only females bite)thinking it is a human. And it fly's right into a black flypaper type of film that trap's the nat's and misquitos and they die there never to bother you again. Kind of like killing terrorist.

Coleman also includes a little gagit that has a scented cup with a extremely silent fan and you use it near you and it covers up our breath when we exhale forcing the insects to be attracted to the Miquito Deleto.

I have about 2 acres of land. I keep the unit at least 5o feet away from our deck. I move it around when I mow my lawn. This helps kill more misquito's because they do not travel to far from there home area. I must say this year I have less misquitos in my trap because I belive the Misquito Deleto is doing its job. My sister also has one and has recommeded it to the neighbors. They have also purchased one and now neighbors can sit out on there patio's and actualy visit in peace.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 04:03:07 pm »
drewstar,

I do own a Jetroom Highroller. It houses a D1
Chairman ll. Its the one pictured on the web site.

Its disappointing that these buildings don't meet your
standards, but you gave an honest opinion, and thats
all that anyone could ask.

I don't know if "standards"  is the correct term, but not my tastes, thats all. and yup It's just my opinon, Nothing more, nothing less.  I kinda thought that was the point here.    Honeslty thought, if my speaking my mind offended you, I do applogize.  That wasn't my intention.

Anyhow....

I was in BJ's (a discount club store like Costco. I'm not sure if they are nationwide or not).  Anyhow, if the front of the store,  Near the gumball and vending machines they had a large ad for a glass room that was free standing that had a glass retratrable roof and sides, similliar to what the jet room roof's did.   They had it over a pool, but I am sure it could work over a tub.
07 Caldera Geneva

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 06:16:23 pm »
I was in BJ's (a discount club store like Costco. I'm not sure if they are nationwide or not).  Anyhow, if the front of the store,  Near the gumball and vending machines they had a large ad for a glass room that was free standing that had a glass retratrable roof and sides, similliar to what the jet room roof's did.   They had it over a pool, but I am sure it could work over a tub.

Interesting.  Do you remember how much it was?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 09:15:36 am »

Interesting.  Do you remember how much it was?

No. Prices were not listed.  This looked more like an "Ad" or Billboard for a business partner, than an actual box product that they sell.   I would think pricing would depend on what size you purchased.   It looked like a big glass greenhouse but rolled out.  I'll do a bit of research and see if I can find anything on the web.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 09:15:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42