What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: any word on Emerald Spas?  (Read 6347 times)

hotstuffbaby

any word on Emerald Spas?
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:54:00 am »
I see no posts on here about a company called Emerald Spas.  Ever heard of them?  Anyone have any thoughts here about this manufacturer?  I was looking at their website today and they have somenice models, but no word on this forum that I can tell.

Jumpin' back so you can jump in....

Hot Tub Forum

any word on Emerald Spas?
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:54:00 am »

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Re: any word on Emerald Spas?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:08:40 am »
Do a search  - there has been some discussion about Emerald.  When I was spa shopping, I wasn't impressed with the dealer but the tub seems to be fine.  Probably ranks in the tops 20 of spa makers IMO.

r100rs

fatman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:08:47 am »
Emerald makes a top notch hottub. Well built too. Their shell is composed of hand rolled fiberglass. Emerald doesn't spend as much money on marketing as other manufacturers do. That's probably why you don't hear much about them.  I like them because they do not have a circ pump, no diverter valves and all 4 sides of the cabinet can be removed for easy servicibility.  

PVM

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 12:24:40 pm »
Emerald builds a great spa!  We've had ours for quite a few years and have enjoyed every minute.  It has been a workhorse, that's for sure.  We use ours almost every day. Hope this helps!   :)

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 05:09:28 pm »
I think Emerald is a very good company.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:15:31 am »
I have owned a emerald 699 Classic for 8 months and really like it with no problems. Before I bought I also had not heard of them but doing research found very little information. All that  I did find however was good and I have been very satisfied with it. Keep in mind that everybody has different tastes so find one you like, get a well constructed spa from a reputable mfg and dealer and start soaking!  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:49 am »
I think Emerald is a very good company.

When users mentions spas like this I like to see if there is a dealer near me. In this case - 50-70 miles.  Oh, by the way, don't go to emeraldspas.com,  you will get one of those crap websites. The actual company is http://www.emeraldspa.com/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:27:45 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 11:02:33 am »
I've had an Emerald 750 Estate for abut four months. So far the tub is excellent, but I have had problems with the cover, and now an issue with the speakers. If you do order an EMerald with the "pop up" speaker package, immediately cheange the screws. For some screwy reason (forgive the pun) they used non galvenized screws, so yesterday I popped up both speakers to find this (at least I think it was the rusting screws that caused this:

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 01:24:45 am »
That's what is nice about the Marquis and Hotspring sound system, no speakers to do that!

PVM

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 09:30:15 am »
I believe Emerald only uses the pop-up speakers on their Estate Series.  They use transducers (speakerless) mounted to the underside of their shell on the Manor Series to create the sound.  I have a Manor and the HydroVibe with the transducers create awesome sound. Haven't had any issues.  I talked to my dealer about the pop ups rusting and he stated that those pop-up speakers are made by the same company that makes all the other pop-up speakers found on other spas. They personally haven't had any pop-up speakers rust like that.  Talk to your dealer, I'm sure they can get it corrected through Emerald.

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 09:48:17 am »
PVM, I have contacted my dealer. I'm waiting on a call back from their service department (which means wait 3 days then ME call THEM back. When I called yesterday the guy at Aquarian tried to tell me this was my fault because my Alkalinity is probably too high! I went out with a test strip and checked it immediately, and everything is perfect. I know properly galvenized screws won't do that (my fiance has been working in the heat treating field for 10 years, plus she has a degree in chemistry).

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 09:50:02 am »
I sold Emerald a bazillion years ago.  Back then, we found them to be very under powered.  Their big pitch was the space saver filters.  I have seen them in stores recently and they look nice, but I'm not sure about power or quality.
Measure once, cut twice.

kysteelerja

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:55 pm »
i am a new spa owner and we bought an emerald m670 we love it. seems powerful enough for us. we've had it for about five months, haven't got the chemical thing down just yet, but we are learning. personally didn't opt for speakers, just one more thing to worry about, we hooked up outdoor speakers and that works wonderfully seems like an added expense that can be easily and less expensively remedied.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42