What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: marquis rumor  (Read 5281 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
marquis rumor
« on: July 05, 2006, 05:47:28 pm »
Question for Marquis dealers:

I have heard a rumor that upper management in Oregon have all resigned.

Any truth?  Any partial truth?  What, if anything, is going on?

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

marquis rumor
« on: July 05, 2006, 05:47:28 pm »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: Hot Tub Dans marquis rumor
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:06:19 pm »
Wow
You are quite the piece there Dan.  First you act like you have no clue about ozone on yesterdays post.  Today, you post this kind of rumour crap.  I am only an owner who as I have previously stated that I couldn't care less what the hell anybody else owns, but when I see sales people posting or spreading BS like this, true or not, it makes me sick.  If you want an answer to this, try IM'ing the forum Marquis people.  This must be your favorite line at the shop I guess although.

Steve

Vanguard

Re: marquis rumor
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 10:30:15 pm »
Geez, Steve, go easy.  Sounds like someone asking to find out information.  I don't think the question is a big deal - especially in this kind of a forum.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:59:45 pm »
There was a change with "A" as in ONE high ranking officer but every company has change . I do find it to be an odd post... Perhaps its time break out the Watkins and Mexico talk again.... ;)

xrdirthead

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 11:16:30 pm »

Hill_Billy_hottub

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 11:29:13 am »
Don't worry about it Dan, I kinda got whacked like that when I first posted, tho you have been around longer than me, or at least done a lot of postings. I'm content to read the stuff and not really participate in the conversations.

P.S. The dealer that told me about the recall I mentiond in my long ago post, is now off of my list.

Question for Marquis dealers:

I have heard a rumor that upper management in Oregon have all resigned.

Any truth?  Any partial truth?  What, if anything, is going on?

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 01:19:05 pm »
I agree that he just wanted to know to what extent the rumor was true and not intentionally spreading rumors further. Yes every company has its changes of employees, managers, and even officers. I have seen it with all of the major brands at some point and if you look back almost in every case it was a good move for both the company and its products. So if Marquis is making changes I would anticipate good things to come of it as history tends to repeat itself.
-SpaMan~

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »
I apologize if I offended anyone.  Can anyone please kill the rumor if what people told me is wrong?

I have seen no response from our usual Marquis people, mendo, markee...

I do not mean to imply anything about a Marquis spa with my question.  I have seen that owners love them and dealers enjoy selling them.  I even have a buddy who sells them! ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 03:24:08 pm »
Mendo responded last night.....

There was a change with "A" as in ONE high ranking officer but every company has change . I do find it to be an odd post... Perhaps its time break out the Watkins and Mexico talk again.... ;)

MarKee

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:00:07 pm »
The way Marquis is structured there are about 5 Vice Presidents that oversee different aspects of the business...such as Manufacturing, Finances, National/International Sales, Retail Sales...no one in any of these positions has left the company.  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 09:49:42 pm »
Let me get into this fray....

Marquis is part of an employee owned holding company named Wexco.

Wexco owns 5 companies in the pool and spa industry that have up to now operated independently and autonomously.

In the last couple of months Wexco appointed a new President, Jeff Kurth, who came up through the ranks and was the former president of Marquis.

Jeff is tying the 5 companies together with some very good business sense. Less need for internal and upper end management in addition to the efficiencies involved in merging Accounting and human resources.

This move also gives Marquis more strength in buying everything from packing materials to insurance. All five companies need these things but have been buying independently for years. These savings will give Marquis a future advantage in product price increases.

Last but not least because of this smarter business philosophy and organization several positions that existed in the past have been eliminated. As a whole less than 10 people left and I believe only one resigned and only one was upper management.

I think that if your a competitor that uses bits and pieces of rumors to better the position of the product you might find that most customers appreciate good business practices much more than competitive jabs and rumors.

BTW, I know all of this because I just spent a week in Oregon with the rest of the Dealer Advisory Board planning for incredible advances and changes at Marquis!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:51:37 pm by stuart »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:39:18 pm »
Very interesting Stuart. I always heard that Marquis was "Employee Owned" but I had no idea that Wexco was the actual holding company until recently.  

It sounds like Marquis (Wexco) is doing all the right things to stay competitive for the future. I'm curious though, what other companies does Wexco own?  

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 10:53:57 pm »
http://www.wexco-inc.com/
Just googled it.
Funny thing is Fox pools has one of the best names in the pool business.
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 10:53:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42