What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbi needs advice  (Read 2363 times)

Desperado

• Always Looking, Never Finding!!
Newbi needs advice
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:03:26 am »
Long time lurker. First time poster.  We live in Jacksonville Fl, and have been looking to purchase a spa for a long time. Funds are now available, and we got a quote on a new Hot Spring Sovereign. We wet test it Tuesday of next week.

My question is: Our quote was $7,395+tax. This includes cover, cover cradle, start up chems, everfresh system, steps, dilivery, set up, and orientation.

Seems like a good price for the spa, but any advice for a newbi would be appreciated.  We cant wake to soak....... ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Newbi needs advice
« on: July 06, 2006, 09:03:26 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Newbi needs advice
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:51:05 am »
Hey Desparado,

Good luck in your search for a tub.  :D   If you've been lurking, I'm sure you know that Hotsprings  makes a great tub.   The folks who have bought them are very happy with them.

My Advice for a first time buyer would be...(everyone  say it along with me):

Wet Test  ;)  Wet Test  :)  Wet Test :)

Whcih it sounds like you are doing.  But I also recommend wet testing several tubs (Idealy from compeating brands), so you have something to compare it to.    The Sorveign is a great tub and the price (To me) sounds reasonable.  

Stick with the major brands, find a dealer that wants to do business with you and help you find the right tub.

I'm a big advocate of ozinators and recomend you get one (All the HS come with 03 standard, other makers may not, so ask).

I also am big on making your decision from  a position of choice and knowlege. What other tubs have you looked at? What did you like about them? What are you looking for in a tub (specific thereapy, or more relaxation?) how many folks do you think will be using the tub?

Good luck!
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 10:38:32 am »
As Drewstar said...HotSprings makes a good product.  Sounds like a good price on the Sovereign.

Unless you are already sold on the Sovereign I would look at other manufacturers to compare products/prices...and wet test, wet test, wet test.

I own a Marquis Epic, so I'm partial to it.  Good luck in your search.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:58:16 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 12:28:03 pm »
You may have seen my post if you have been lurking.  I was just quoted $8608 for the Sovereign up here in Northern NJ so it sounds to me like you got a good price.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 12:40:23 pm »
Desperado, Have you come to your senses?
(Linda Ronstad told me to ask  ;) )

If you do a search using Soverign and price, I think you will find your in line with others and with all the inclusions it sounds like a reasonable offer on a nice tub.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 12:53:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :)

That is an excellent price.  Very excellent, indeed.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Desperado

• Always Looking, Never Finding!!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 01:53:32 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I knew I could count on you guys for some good advice. To answer some of the questions....   We will be testing other spas, and have aready tested 2. A Bullfrog, and something called Leisure Bay. We were not impressed by either. We will be testing a Tiger River Caspian the same night as the Sovereign.  We may test a Marquis too. Later in the week.

The spa will primarily be for relaxation, but we intertain quite a bit too.  

The anticipation is killing us.....  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 02:43:48 pm »
Thanks for the replies. I knew I could count on you guys for some good advice. To answer some of the questions....   We will be testing other spas, and have aready tested 2. A Bullfrog, and something called Leisure Bay. We were not impressed by either. We will be testing a Tiger River Caspian the same night as the Sovereign.  We may test a Marquis too. Later in the week.

The spa will primarily be for relaxation, but we intertain quite a bit too.  

The anticipation is killing us.....  

Desparado,

Sounds good. Look at, and wet test other tubs.  I bought my Caspain after finding out the Vanguard was a bit too deep for me and my wife.  (Others have said the opposite...so wet test!). Overall I think it's a great tub for the money. You certainly can get a bigger tub, with many many more features, but for the money, the tiger river was a good fit for me and my budget.

Pay attention to the pumps. Single speeds and  single pumps don't do it for me. I like being able to turn on multiple pumps at differernt speeds.   Look for seating variety,  some sculpted seats, and some open seating make for good varety (esp when entertaining).  Having all scultped seats could be a pain when you are trying to jam that last super model into the tub. :)  I have found that my prefences change every few months and having a variety  of seating options is great.  

Cool off seats are great too.   I find they are a must in the New England Winters, when folks want to raise up out of of the water without getting completly out.

And keep in mind, 6 seats doens't necessaryly mean "seats 6 adults at the same time".   If the budget allows, I'don't think I've ever heard anyone here say "My tub is just too big".  ;)

Look around. Take your time.  A high quality tub will be with you for years and years, so don't rush into anything until you  find just what you want.

:D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 02:50:51 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:46 pm »
Having all scultped seats could be a pain when you are trying to jam that last super model into the tub. :)
 I'don't think I've ever heard anyone here say "My tub is just too big".  ;)

:D

Okay, first off, the only place you'd have to make room to "jam" a supermodel is in a cheerio....and secondly...."my tub is just too big" HAH!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 08:19:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42