What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Great Lakes -vs- Coleman  (Read 6725 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Great Lakes -vs- Coleman
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 04:51:34 pm »
Regarding the cedar skirting and the steel frame. It is very easy as a salesperson to knock what they don't have. It is easy.

What takes more skill is to sell your product based on its merits.

I currently sell a brand that offers cedar skirts as standard and synthetic as an option.

Cedar has been used to construct decks, fences, sheds, gazebos and spas for decades. Synthetic decking has been around how long?

Maintenance free is a reasonable claim. Last forever is not, you can't really make that claim since the stuff hasn't been around that long. CEDAR TOTEM POLES HAVE BEEN AROUND MUCH LONGER THAN SYNTHETIC DECKING

Cedar finish WILL fade if not maintained. It is possible that it can rot, but not too likely if the spa is free standing on a pad or deck (as opposed to in the deck or in the ground).
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 04:51:34 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 10:51:08 pm »
I have a coleman 461 Deluxe for a year now. Never had a single problem with it and I'd never buy another brand but Coleman With that said......You have to remember that a hot tub is like buying a ccar come want cadaliac some wahttoyoota,,WETTEST!!!!!

by the way my brain is fried cause I took all mu meds for go nightme time siorry

bubblesgalore

• Soaking my troubles away
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 06:02:04 pm »
Thank you everyone for helping me to decide on "which 2-3 person spa to buy".  I finally decided on a Coleman 351 deluxe.  I drove about an hour away from my home to test soak a floor model and I was not disappointed. The jets were much stronger than the Great Lakes Forte, but of course, it is about $1000 more expensive.  The GL is a very nice "middle of the road" relaxing spa, while the Sundance Metro is definately a cut above.  However, I really liked the Coleman overall because of the price, the jets, the overall workmanship, and of course, the dealership.  Very professional dealer as well as helpful.  I really like your website forum and plan to log on in the future.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 06:17:32 pm »
Congrats!! I don't think you've gone astray!! I've had my Colema for about a year and I absolutely LOVE it!!

May your wait be few and your bubbles and ahhhhhh's be great!!!

bubblesgalore

• Soaking my troubles away
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:33 pm »
Thank you "BackPains"!  I am looking forward to having my new spa delivered in about 6-8 weeks.  Can't wait to relax and enjoy!
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Coleman.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 02:44:31 pm »
Bubbles you'll love that spa. Feel free to pm me with any questions you may have and congrats!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 02:44:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42