What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: d1 chairman II question  (Read 3714 times)

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
d1 chairman II question
« on: July 03, 2006, 02:16:45 pm »
my chairman II arrived sat, electrician coming wed...i am a little confused regarding chemicals for this hot tub...the vision cartridge is replaced every six months..the dealer also told me to drain water every six months...not three...he also told me i didn't need to drain the tub after the first 30 days...plus he said only put maybe a tsp of clorine once a week, and shock with mps once a week...my other question is ..if i decide to drain tub sooner then six months does that mean i have to replace the vision cartridge at that time or can i use the same one...two different salesman in the same showroom had different answers..is there a spokesman for d1 out there that can set me straight ...i will be ready to fill tub on wed...come on d1 reps chime in please!!

Hot Tub Forum

d1 chairman II question
« on: July 03, 2006, 02:16:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: d1 chairman II question
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 02:44:37 pm »
Interesting, good luck. 6 months huh? In about 4 months we will see whose right :) But you will be the judge.
"i am a little confused regarding chemicals"
 This is the primary reason for "Chas' law" which recommends a change after the first 30 days. I'm sure most people outside of this forum won't understand that.

I hope everything goes just as the dealer says. I'm married, I'm use to being proven wrong.  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 04:02:03 pm »
there are no d1 reps or owners around?? come on

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 04:09:59 pm »
firts off your dealer is write. If you decide to drain your spa earlier you may and do not have to replace your vision. When you refill just add your metal detergent (metal gone ,metal gaurd) and leave your vision out for 24 hours . My sug. is keep talking to your dealer (salesman) . If you trusted him with spending your hard earned money you would trust him with your chemical
questions  

wetone

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 04:12:14 pm »
my chairman II arrived sat, electrician coming wed...i am a little confused regarding chemicals for this hot tub...the vision cartridge is replaced every six months..the dealer also told me to drain water every six months...not three...he also told me i didn't need to drain the tub after the first 30 days...

No need to drain the tub after 30 days, (if it was delivered new wraped from the factory), they water test them in the factory with clean chlorinated water to prevent mold growth in the lines during shipping and storage.
With the vision cartidge water should be changed around every six months... with regular use, if heavy use then sooner.

plus he said only put maybe a tsp of clorine once a week, and shock with mps once a week...my other question is ..if i decide to drain tub sooner then six months does that mean i have to replace the vision cartridge at that time or can i use the same one...

You'll still need to test the water for chlorine and keep a level of about 1 ppm and shock with mps weekly.
I have the same tub, I do 1 tablespoon of dichlor and 35g of spalite (mps) weekly and water is balanced. Just me and the wife that use it though..
If you drain the tub before six months...you will need a new vision cartridge,

two different salesman in the same showroom had different answers..is there a spokesman for d1 out there that can set me straight ...i will be ready to fill tub on wed...come on d1 reps chime in please!!

lounger

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 04:16:52 pm »
cappy,

I own a Chairman ll. You're gonna dig that tub.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 04:23:02 pm »
No need to drain the tub after 30 days, (if it was delivered new wraped from the factory), they water test them in the factory with clean chlorinated water to prevent mold growth in the lines during shipping and storage.
With the vision cartidge water should be changed around every six months... with regular use, if heavy use then sooner.

You'll still need to test the water for chlorine and keep a level of about 1 ppm and shock with mps weekly.
I have the same tub, I do 1 tablespoon of dichlor and 35g of spalite (mps) weekly and water is balanced. Just me and the wife that use it though..
If you drain the tub before six months...you will need a new vision cartridge,

Wetone, are you saying you don't add dichlor after each use? How does the capacity of the Vision system compare to a standard N2 cartridge?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wetone

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 04:33:24 pm »

Wetone, are you saying you don't add dichlor after each use? How does the capacity of the Vision system compare to a standard N2 cartridge?

Just 1 tablespoon once a week...if I remember correctly the vision cartridge has about 6 times more copper and silver in it, and it desolves slower. I've tried the N2 and and it's not even close to the vision cartridge, had to ad chlorine after each use to keep the water balanced.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:47:23 pm »

Just 1 tablespoon once a week...if I remember correctly the vision cartridge has about 6 times more copper and silver in it, and it desolves slower. I've tried the N2 and and it's not even close to the vision cartridge, had to ad chlorine after each use to keep the water balanced.

Very nice. I couldn't find anything about the Vision system on their website. Maybe I missed it.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »
it   would make sense to me that if you drain the tub before six months, then you have to replace the vision cartridge...but the response that i'm getting is about 50/50....does anyone have a positive answer?? i'm sure the vision cartridge is as good as claimed , but i think its about $125 to replace...so the point is i don't want to replace it if i don't have to.....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 05:57:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42