What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need help on a purchase.  Any ideas?  (Read 2927 times)

longislandchick

Need help on a purchase.  Any ideas?
« on: July 01, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »
I have been looking at a hundred brands of hot tubs and have narrowed it down to Artic and Sundance. Is there anyone out there who owns one of the mentioned brands?  Can you tell me the good and the bad on both?  Or can you recommend another brand?  Want to spend $10,000 or less.  Thanks   ???

Hot Tub Forum

Need help on a purchase.  Any ideas?
« on: July 01, 2006, 09:38:01 pm »

DPS

• The light was yellow, sir
Re: Need help on a purchase.  Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 09:51:57 pm »
Go check out Marquis.  I believe GPM is in your area.  You should be able to get almost any Marquis Spa for the price you mentioned.  Definately compare and wet test a Marquis before you make your final decision on either of the brands you mentioned.  I have owned all 3 at one time or another.

longislandchick

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 10:04:54 pm »
DPS thanks for the info on the Marquis.  The one thing I need to consider is the fact that I like the look of the natural wood.  I seem to be drawn towards the Artic Spa for that reason.  My husband is starting to lose it on this issue.  My husband likes the Artic as well but he did mention the upkeep on the cedar.  Does the Marquis brand look like a natural wood?  Some of them look like a plastic finish and I hate that.  I went to a dealer today and looked at the Sundance Majesta.  It's the only thing I have seen so far that even comes close to the Artic Yukon.  Any suggestions as I want to purchase by the 4th?  Thanks again.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:44:50 pm »
If you have looked at a 100 brands and come down to these two, why go further. Both are reputable brands. Go with the best deal or best dealer. Wet test both and decide from there.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

longislandchick

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 10:57:40 pm »
Thank you to those who have responded to my dilema on this purchase.  Does anyone know anything about the less expensive brand of Artic Spas?  I looked at a Coyote at my local dealer. He said I could even wet test it if I wanted.  I went over every inch of the tub and to my dismay I came across some pine wood on the frame.  Why in the heck they would not use pressure treated wood is beyond me.  The tub is reasonably priced but I would have to treat the pine myself with some kind of wood preservative.   Another brand I looked at today is called VITA.  Anyone know anything about this brand as well?  You would think I am buying a house with all of these questions, but hey you guys know way more then me about hot tubs.

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 01:33:00 am »
longislandchick:  You can order any Marquis spa with a real tongue and groove western red cedar cabinet if you are loooking for a beautiful real wood look, you should check out your local dealer.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 08:00:06 am »
  We've had a Sundance Majesta for just about a year. It's an awesome tub. Lots of power, and room, not a Maxxus but didn't want to go that big. We're using bromine, do a weekly shock, some stain and scale once a week. Pretty low maintenance and I don't know chemicals... well, water chemicals at least. Dealer is great, answers all our stupid little questions and while I haven't had the need (knock on wood), I imagine they and Sundance would stand behind their product if anything did go wrong. We went with the stereo when we bought and are glad we did. We love every minute in ours.  paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 12:11:01 pm »
If you have it narrowed down to two, let the wet test be your guide.  We liked the Tundra better than the Optima in the wet test.  We also liked the Arctic dealer alot more than the Sundance dealer.  But the bottom line was which tub felt the best.  We wet tested many other tubs/brands but those were probably the top two for us.  Both are quality brands with avid supporters on this forum.

longislandchick

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 07:22:12 pm »
I finally made up my mind and have put a deposit down on the Artic Yukon.  Did I make the right decision?  Only time and my freakin electric bill will tell.   I have never been so excited about buying a hot tub.  It must be because I finally got rid of all the teenagers in the house!!!  Yeah!!!!  I hope I have made the right choice after narrowing it down between Artic, Sundance, Hot Spring and Master.  What happens if I change my mind after putting down the deposit?  Is it too late to change my mind?

LIC

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 08:36:35 pm »
If you wet tested all different brands then stay with your gut!  Arctic is a solid brand....so relax.  The hardest part is over...now you get to enjoy that tub.

To help ease your mind you may want to do a search on "Arctic".  Lots of posts.  Just make sure you put two "c"'s in Arctic though!!!   ;)

Marc

anne

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:02:10 am »
I'm chiming in late, as it sounds like you have made a decision, but I can tell you that I love my Arctic. There is a full review of it in the review section here if you need some reassurance after putting all that money down!

I dont live in a snowy climate, but my electric bill is only a little higher- I estimate 150-250 KWh/month more than last year, but that is with all kinds of uncontrollable variables.

Congrats!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 12:02:59 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2006, 12:02:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42