What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Sovereign??  (Read 8577 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: HS Sovereign??
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »
Does anyone know of any of these having been sold?  I haven't heard a peep since everyone pronounced doom and gloom for our business a few months ago.  Hmmm, right before my biggest month ever. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 02:13:13 pm »
We haven't looked at any other brand....just HS.  For some reason my husband thinks he has to get a Hot Springs.  There are no other dealers by me....I tried putting in a zillion different zip codes.  
That price includes the cover, tax and delivery.  My next problem is that we live on a hill (a big hill) - the only way to get it up to my backyard is by carrying it, so my husband is going to get a bunch of guys to help him.  This model is lighter than the Envoy.  We didn't price anything else other than the Sovereign.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 02:31:49 pm »
We haven't looked at any other brand....just HS.  For some reason my husband thinks he has to get a Hot Springs.  There are no other dealers by me....I tried putting in a zillion different zip codes.  
That price includes the cover, tax and delivery.  My next problem is that we live on a hill (a big hill) - the only way to get it up to my backyard is by carrying it, so my husband is going to get a bunch of guys to help him.  This model is lighter than the Envoy.  We didn't price anything else other than the Sovereign.  

Have the dealer delilver it.   Trust me.

Your's hsubands right that HS is a top of the line tub (some argue it's is the top of the line).

Look around a bit. Check out the other tubs that HS offers. (I have a tiger river, which is made by hotsprings).

And yes, check out thier compititon. Wet test the tubs.

As I said, there is no harm in looking around, even if it's to justify what you already belive.

But I think you could do better on the price.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:32:15 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 02:39:25 pm »
That is the price that we sell the Sovereign for so I don't believe it is exhorbinant.

As drewstar said, let the dealer deliver it.  We deliver the Sovereign with 2-3 people depending on the difficulty.  A four wheeled furniture cart makes it a snap.

Good luck with your purchase.  It is a fantastic spa. :)

Terminator

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 02:41:32 pm »
Thanks for the help Drew....the dealer was saying that the only way they could get it up our hill would be with a crane.....not sure how much that would cost?!!!  We have a lot of steps to get  to our backyard.
How is Marquis???

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 02:47:06 pm »
We have to use a crane maybe twice a year on deliveries.  Is there a cliff or something that would prevent the spa from being rolled to where it is to be placed?

Terminator

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 02:55:30 pm »
East Tx - yes there is a cliff and lots of steps.....the only place they can roll is once they get it into the backyard.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 03:18:10 pm »
Bolms,

don't get me wrong.  This could be the tub for you. And Term is a straight shooter, if he says the price is legit, then  perhaps that's the deal.

There's a lot of info on Marquis in the threads. The search feature should help you out.

My point is look at as many tubs as you can.   If the delivery and install is as bad as you say, then don't even consider your husband doing it. No way.  

My dealer in MA uses  a trucking company to deliver all thier tubs and they can crane it in no problem. Crane  Delivery was $400,  but "included" in my price.  

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 03:18:48 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 03:29:32 pm »
Thanks Drew, that's good to know - the dealer didn't actually say if they would charge us for the crane delivery and being that we were only asking for a quote, we didn't ask but we'll definitely bring it up if we decide to go with it.  I think you're right though.....we really should look at some other tubs just to make sure we're making the right decision.
Aside from Marquis, what are some other good brands?  How is Sundance?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 03:51:14 pm »
I'm not a dealer or even a pro. I just hang out here and annoy folks....

But yup Sundance has a good rep. Caldera has been getting some good talk. There's  Dimension one,  Tiger River,  Artic,  Arteisan has been tossed about.  Can't forget Jaquizzi and coleman and all the rest.  some are considered to be better, some folks will argue some on that list is crap.  

I would stay away from the big box stores, internet dealers, small rebranders of tubs.   Search on the name of the tub you're interested in and I bet dollars to donuts you seel plenty of talk about them.

07 Caldera Geneva

Spiderman

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 11:40:00 pm »
That is high for the Sovereign IMO.  I've gotten several quotes on that one and I've gotten in the $6800 range.  The first dealer told me $6995, the next was around $6700, and the third $8600.  When I told the third dealer what my other quotes were, he came down to $6700; dropped $2K just like that.  What a bunch of crap.  I feel like I'm buying a car for God's sake!!  Makes me wonder how much more I can wheel and deal with these people.  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

bohms4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 08:08:06 am »
Spiderman - that's interesting....where do you live?  I just wish I had other HS dealers that were close to me.   It might be worth it to travel a little bit to another HS dealer.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »
If you are looking at Prisco also check out the Caldera Moorea.  Better tub than the Sovereign IMO.  You could talk them down to $7500-$7750 before tax.

Did you try to negotiate?  Tell them you found dealers "far and wide" that were much lower.  I mentioned earlier in this thread two zip codes to put in Hotspring and Caldera's websites to find other dealers.  

Marc

Spiderman

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 10:15:47 pm »
Spiderman - that's interesting....where do you live?  I just wish I had other HS dealers that were close to me.   It might be worth it to travel a little bit to another HS dealer.

I'm north of Green Bay, WI and have three dealers within an hour in three different directions.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 12:11:41 pm »
The price is a fair price.  Obviously at the high end of what some people are paying for it.  Frankly, I don't know how a dealer stays in business selling a sovereign for mid 6's.

However, I am in CA and we probably have a higher cost of doing business.

I would imagine NJ is a high cost of business state.  After all, I watch the Sopranos and I know dealer must have extra security costs. ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 12:11:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42