What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Hot Tubs  (Read 7225 times)

agoldga

Beachcomber Hot Tubs
« on: June 27, 2006, 04:19:22 pm »
Google search returned some positive feedbacks on the Beachcomber brand.  Please share your experience with me.  We are currently rebuilding our deck and want to install the best hot tub available on the lower (stone-paved) level.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Hot Tubs
« on: June 27, 2006, 04:19:22 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Beachcomber Hot Tubs
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:22 pm »
Hey Alex,

Beachcomber makes a great product. There will certainly be some good feedback on these as well as many other Canadian made spas and the like.

What's local to you?

Steve

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:31:31 pm »
Alex,

I have owned a Beachcomber 580 for about a year and love it.  I find the seats very comfortable and the wife really likes the look of the spa.  The spa has plenty of power and is easy to maintain. I have seen about a $10 -$15 dollar a month increase in my electric bill. I considered the following Beachcomber models: 580, 730/738 and 750.  Some of the things I don't like:  The diverter valve is a little noisy in the middle position.  The variable jet power adjustment valve seems to be either high or low no in-between.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:32:11 pm by marks »

nhskier

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:35:34 pm »
We purchased a 578 a bit over a year ago and are very happy with it.  We really liked the varied seating height which gives plenty of flexibility for the family, the built-in hand-holds, and the ability to swap out the various types of jets.  The jets are plenty powerful.

We've had one minor problem - the cover was taking in rainwater and it was building up in the cover skirt panels.  Told the dealer about it, they checked with Beachcomber, and came out and replaced the skin within just a few days.  Absolutely no hassle.

I also liked the lack of requirement for a concrete pad.  I asked several times about whether there could be any warranty issues adn was assured not.  We have the tub on a bed of 6" of 3/4" crushed stone and it's solid.  No apparent movement after a New Hampshire winter - still nice and level.

So we're quite satisfied and wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Beachcomber.

--NHskier

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 11:23:22 pm »
I like 'em. Very comfortable. Lots of good options. Larger circ pump - "hush pump" - is great.

I don't see the sense in putting the equipment out under the step. They say that they can insulate all four walls of the tub that way. Well, everyone else insulates all four walls and still gets the equipment under the skirt.

They say it makes the equipment quieter. They are a very quiet tub. But so are tubs with the equipment under the skirt. Some may even be more quiet.

I had heard some talk of them no longer offering the equipment under the skirt. I don't know. But ask for it. I know, they make you feel like you're a dummy if you insist on it, but go ahead - insist.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 11:39:05 pm »
One nice thing about the equipment being out of the tub is that you get a nice step with a big landing area.  The 2006 models have an improved step that has a small step built into each side (see left).  When I purchased mine they pretty much sell the tub with a package that includes everything, step and all.  They seem to only make the low end models with the equipment in the tub.  As far as options I got the Turbo blower.  I did not get the Exterior LCD Garden lights, kind of wish I did though.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 12:02:04 am »
They seem to only make the low end models with the equipment in the tub.  

Well, check that out carefully. They push the dealers to sell the "pro tech" which is the equipment under the step, but I would bet you can still get the higher-end models that way if you ask.

Then you can put whatever size step you want, even on another side of the tub!

Just a thought.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 12:14:49 am »
Chas,

You are definitely correct about being able to get the tub with the equipment inside.  They just sell all the options in a package deal that seems to be at a better price.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 12:49:13 pm »
Curious, With the step housing, would it be a problem if someone wanted to install thier tub flush to the deck?

What are the advantages to the step housing for the equipment?  Seems to me, it's less inuslationan around them,and really limites you on the step issue (you must have the big box directly in front of the spa...they call it a step, I see it as well,. a big box)  
07 Caldera Geneva

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 02:23:45 pm »
Drewstar,

I guess to each his own, I liked the look.  When I bought my Beachcomber they  marketed the step as their solution to a better insulated tub.  Just like all tub manufactures, everyone has a gimmick.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 02:28:42 pm »
Drewstar,

I guess to each his own, I liked the look.  When I bought my Beachcomber they  marketed the step as their solution to a better insulated tub.  Just like all tub manufactures, everyone has a gimmick.

I Didn't mean it to slight the tub in the least. I  truley apologize if I should have volcalized my random brain snaypsis a bit better.  

:)

07 Caldera Geneva

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 04:27:27 pm »
Drewstar,

I did not take it that way.  No issues.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 04:29:04 pm by marks »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 05:13:26 pm »
I have the 750, love it.  I love the step, Ihaven't found anything I dislike.  I never use the neckjets unless I want to get some neck therapy without anyone in the tub, they are noisy but naything blowing water that close to your ear would be noisy.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 05:13:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42