What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: foam  (Read 2223 times)

nicker

foam
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:02:24 pm »
my tub has been foaming for the last few days.  This is not the fluffy foam.  It just sits on the water.  The water sounds fizzy.    I am very puzzled by this.  Water is less then 1 month old.  Hardness 250, PH bang on 7.2, ALk was low but not bad 70.   The clorine is good, but the Combined was high.  I did shock it good on Saturday but still white fizzy foam.  I have never had this before.

Any ideas ?

Hot Tub Forum

foam
« on: June 26, 2006, 03:02:24 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: foam
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 03:09:17 pm »
Hey nicker,

sorry I can't be of much help.  I usally see that when it's time to change out the water.  Not after a month.  I am led to belive the selzter effect is indication of high TDS.

Is taking a sample into your dealer for an analisis a viable option?

How is the water's clarity?   Do you use a clarifier at all?

07 Caldera Geneva

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 04:51:50 pm »
I've had my tub for less than a month but I can tell you that after a couple weeks I started to see some foam.  Not a whole lot but when all the jets were on high it was getting up there.  My water tests were all within normal ranges.

In addition, I wasn't able to quite make a week before I had to shock (I have a CD ozinator and use MPS daily; shock once a week with dichlor).  Anyway, I upped my filter times from 30 min 4 X a day to 60 min 4 X a day.  What a difference it made in both the foam and water clarity.  I may have upped it too much but am on vacation next week so when I get back may experiment with different times.
'06 Majesta

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:24:17 am »
You'll want to change the water near the end of the first month of ownership. Ok, perhaps you won't WANT to, but it is a very good idea. At that point you may even be able to set the filtration back a bit. After you see how much this one-time water change helps, you'll be glad you did it.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:30:45 am »
As per most of the time, I agree with Chas.  Change your water, you will love it.

Bill

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 08:16:50 pm »
Let me see if I remember this correctly....
"Changing the water is the cheapest way to cure your water problems"
RIP C-Rod

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 08:53:17 pm »
Something that wasn't addressed is the water itself.

I always get fizzy foam after about a week after new water is put in.  About 1 miute after the jets are off, it clears up.

I believe that it's the makeup of the source water and the chemistry of the tub. I think all water reacts differently even though it's base chemical composition is H2O. I have my chlorine stay in the tub for sometimes days based on testing with a Taylor kit - why it does it I don't have a clue but when I first got the tub I would have almost no chlorine in 24 hours ... nothing really has changed except usage (use it less now than a year ago).

nicker

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:23 pm »
ok some may be confused.  This is not my first fill.  The tub is not new been using it for almost 2 years.

Water was just changed 1 month ago.  I think  I have found the culprete.   I tested the water again the other day and all checked out but the combined chlorine was high. For what ever reason the shock didn't take or wasn't enough.  So I will get that down and see what happens.

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42