What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Check out Docs pics from his recent adventure  (Read 4787 times)

Anoroc

Check out Docs pics from his recent adventure
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:07 pm »
Doc I noticed you were online.  What do you think of the JED 103.  I shot you an email on your website about a week ago asking if it was a good fit for a HS spa and someone replied that you were out of town and he did not know.

Hope you had a good vacation.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:18:03 pm by anaroc »

Hot Tub Forum

Check out Docs pics from his recent adventure
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:45:07 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Doc- what do you think of the JED 103
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:25:50 pm »
ummmmmmmmmm, I know almost nothing about it as I'm not a great believer in ozone.

Vacation?......... ok..... So I got this opportunity to go to Italy and install a hot tub in a cave, at 4 star hotel, rated in 2003 as the finest sea side hotel in Europe (www.puntaest.com). They put me up (room AND board) for 10 days, while I did what was SUPPOSED to be a one to one and a half day job.. ....... Enter the "Italian factor".. EVERYTHING has to be discussed, with your neighbors, employees, and friends that you have to first call and then wait to arrive.................. to join into the discussion. 4 hours later, I'm finally "allowed" to do the 15 minutes of work, exactly how I suggested to do it in the first place. Only took 5 days to install.............. BUT, I got an invite to come back to relax for 2 weeks the end of September........ Seriously though, I had a good time and made some amazing friends........ Probably be going to Panama in a few months to install another tub :-)

The last four days was shear hell though. On the way to the airport, thieves jumped into the car and stole my g/f purse (much to my resistance). Had to go from Nice down to Milan to get a new passport and reschedule all the flights.........man, that extra 4 days of Italian food almost killed me..

OH! If you're even in a bind for a hotel room, cheap, ask the desk clerk if you can use their computer and go to lastminute.com. hahahaha, sat in their lobby and booked a $300 a night room for $100
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 08:27:02 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 08:40:39 pm »
Sound like quite the adventure.  Pretty neat that you are asked to travel so far to install a spa.  Are you installing round wooden spas or something else?

Panama is next?  How do you line up such jobs.  I suppose it makes for an intersting lifestyle.

Sorry about the theft.  That has got to be the worse feeling when travelling abroad.

anoroc

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:20:24 pm »
  Are you installing round wooden spas or something else?

Panama is next?  How do you line up such jobs.  I suppose it makes for an intersting lifestyle.

Quick montage below......... (the man in the picture is my "host", not me........ (sorry ladies :-)  ). The tub is an 8' diameter 4' tall teak hot tub with all solid brass fittings (jets).

We sell a lot of tubs internationally ,and if I feel the accomodations might be to my liking, I offer to come help out.... I used to turn down offers to help, but the frequent flier miles are piling up too high  ;D

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 09:27:39 pm »
I'd be glad to discuss the JED, if anybody want's to.

:'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 09:32:58 pm »
The original building was built in the 17th century as a summer vacation home for a musician from Milan (now a 2-1/2 hour drive away). A 40 room/suit hotel was added to the property in 1970.

There's also 2 houses and a 2 story, two room building (each room/floor is a suit........ that's where I got stuck). There must have been some construction problems as the cliff comes right into the room. Got rather boring though, each morning, sitting on the patio drinking café, having to look up the coast of the Mediterranean to France.. Dang waves breaking on the beach below kept me up at night too.

Anoroc

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 11:15:41 pm »
Wow! Crazy pictures.  Did your companion enjoy it as well? ::)

Anoroc

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 11:20:01 pm »
I'd be glad to discuss the JED, if anybody want's to.

:'(

Sure- I know close to nothing about any of them.  Any information or opinions are greatly appreciated.

anoroc
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 11:20:49 pm by anaroc »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 12:10:20 am »
Up until France, and the loss of her purse, she was having more fun than I........................ or at least that's what I'm letting her believe  ;D

Wow! Crazy pictures.  Did your companion enjoy it as well? ::)

Anoroc

Re: Check out Docs pics from his recent adventure
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 11:08:24 am »
Hey, just thought I would bump this up again as my conversation with the doc took place over the weekend.  Check out the pics from his latest spa installation.

Man, do I want his job ;D

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 11:29:13 am »
Since you went to the trouble  ;D I put together some of the panorama shots over the weekend.

Sorry for the need to scroll right.

The first is from the entrance looking up to the original 17th century building. The driveway, inaccessible by car (way too narrow) has 3 switchbacks.

Here's my accommodations;

And the hot tub..... To the right of the tub is a hand carved, solid granite, cold plunge. I'm told it's 2 to 3 hundred years old. Between that and the tub there's a shower. Above the cold plunge is a natural pool, now fed by a man made waterfall, with natural stalactites of course

To the left of the hot tub, up the rock stairs, there's a short path leading to a small hole in the wall. If you create some smoke, it rushes into the hole. No one knows, but there might be another entire cavern back there somewhere.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 02:33:40 pm »
Back from a couple of days off (please let me know if I missed anything, I'm not going through all the posts)........... and waiting for me are a few pictures of the "finished product".

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 02:44:13 pm »
Yes, but where is the Cask of Amantialdo?

Those are VERY COOL pictures!!!!!!!!

I wish I had a dungeon. :'(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 03:20:27 pm »
I wish I had a dungeon. :'(
Terminator
I found a do-it-yourself dungeon kit on Ebay.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:21 am »
Finished product looks awesome Doc! Love the way the cave glows and the reflection of the water from the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42