What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need info on Sundance Optima  (Read 4376 times)

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
Need info on Sundance Optima
« on: June 19, 2006, 06:31:56 pm »
Hi

We live in the NorthEast and are leaning toward a Sundance Optima spa.  I'm wondering if folks owning a similar spa living in cold climate could provide thier average montly electical cost?  

Also, looking to find out what the going price is for this spa.  We were quoted $8,880 incl delivery, steps, cover  & cover lifter (no ozone).

Lastly, originally we thought we wanted ozone (to minimize chemicals), but now we're not sure. Hearing that the ozone degrades plastic in jets, spa cover etc.   I don't want to smell like chemicals or have to take a shower after getting out.

Glad to read that many others are finding spa shopping as overwhelming and stressful as we are!   In advance,  Thanks for your feedback.

Hot Tub Forum

Need info on Sundance Optima
« on: June 19, 2006, 06:31:56 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Need info on Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 08:30:42 pm »
That's a very competitive price for an Optima.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:02:11 am »
I have a Sundance Maxxus which we purchased one year ago.  I know excatly what it costs to run my tub as when we had it installed we had to have a new meter put in.  The meter was required because they put in a new service which was easier than wiring into the existing service.  The cost runs an annual average of $29.00 per month.  We live in ND so we also have to heat quite often.  Incidently, we paid $9900.00 for our entire tub including delivery, setup, cover, etc.  I do know you will love Sundance.  They are well built and well designed.

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 11:08:07 am »
Patty,

What other tubs are you considering?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 11:29:51 am »
I believe I have been told that Jacuzzi/Sundance both use ozonaters wtih long contact chambers so that the ozone kills bacteria in the water while still in that chamber, but the ozone is depleted by the time it enters the tub and should be harmless to jets and covers.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21:23 pm »
Re: Ozinator.. the salesrep at Jacuzzi told us something to tha effect also- that the ozone is 99.4% gone (or some such) by the time it gets released into the tub and eventually air.  

Re: other brands:  To date we've looked @:  Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Cal Spa, Golf Coast, Hydro Spa, Coast Spa, Reflection.  Last night we looked as D1 and Caldera.  I had high expectations but we were not impressed.  Granted there was no sales person around so it was all based on our impressions of the tubs themselves and they did not look as nice as Sundance.  So for us its between Jacuzzi J-365 @ $7.4K(would love J-470 but its was something like $9.3K), Hot Spring Soverign @ $7.7K or  Vanguard @ $8.4K and Sundance Optima @ $8.8K.

Anoroc

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 01:27:32 pm »
Patti- I tried the sundance and the vanguard.  I currently own a vanguard and I love the size and the jets.

The sundance was a great spa when i wet tested it but for some reason the only seat i sort of liked was the corner seat with what I think they called the accuseat or something.  

The seat was very powerful but I had a hard time finding the right ballance of power and still being comfortable sitting back in the seat.  The other seats and jets just didn't do it for me.

I think the price quoted to me on the Sundance was $8300 bare bones or $8700 with lifter and steps and maybee ozone.

Good luck

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:27:24 pm »
We love our 06 Optima. 7650 for the package, delivered to my backyard. Good luck.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 09:45:46 pm »
We have owned an Optima for a year... probably too early to determine whether or not the ozone is damaging anything.

But the whole idea of using the ozone is so that the Bromine level can be ran lower. The only time I smell the ozone is when we first uncover the tub, and no we don't have to shower after a soak.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:46:15 pm by johnvb »

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 11:58:25 pm »
All, thanks for your feedback.. it is most helpful.  I had no idea spa shopping would be so confusing and stressful!  ... Ironically we began looking for a spa to REDUCE my (work-related) stress!

Anoroc:
I've read a few other posts that said same thing ... so we are def going to wet test b4 buying.

BK:
WoW - GREAT price!  Were are you located?  Can't believe the difference.  Your great price inspired me to submit a request for multiple quotes.  

Johnvb:
Thanks for the feedback on ozone. THe more i read the more i lean toward ozone.  The sundance dealer told us it was not standard on the '06 tubs.  Said he wasn't sure why no longer standard, however, he thought it might have to do with recent controversy around the safety of ozone.  

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 07:26:32 am »
Yeah, I caused a  ****-storm last year when I asked whether ozone was safe for an indoor spa. For us, it turned out to be a non- issue.

If your tub is outdoors, you have even less to worry about. Plus the ozonator turns off as soon as you turn on the pumps.

BTW, here's what we paid for ours:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1112032664;start=0
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 07:30:50 am by johnvb »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 07:26:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42