What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone own a Cover Caddy or Covermate 3?  (Read 4850 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
Anyone own a Cover Caddy or Covermate 3?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:34:39 am »
I was all set to have the dealer include the Covermate 3 with my new Caldera spa but I don't think I want or like the cover sitting that high.  I don't need the privacy, I have the clearance and would rather the cover sit much lower.  The Cover Caddy seems to do that nicely.

I noticed while doing a search on this site that KarlXII and Galen have the Cover Caddies.  Here is the issue...if you look at the CC directions you may have to install wooden 2 X 2's on the outside for support if the inside of the tub has no cross supports.  Karl actually removed the cabinet and screwed wooden cross supports inside.  This turned out great but I really do not want to have to mess with either of these options.  Has anyone installed the Cover Caddy and did not have to add additional supports?  Does anyone know if the  Caldera Niagara or Moorea has cross support beams under the cabinet?

As for the CM 3 how do you owners feel about the cover sticking way up high?  Big deal or hardly noticable?

Here is the Cover Caddy (borrowed from Karl):

Covermate 3 pic:

Thanks,

Marc

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone own a Cover Caddy or Covermate 3?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:34:39 am »

DoubleA

• 2006 Caldera Tahitian
Re: Anyone own a Cover Caddy or Covermate 3?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 11:31:28 am »
I have the covermate 3, enjoy it, no problems so far.

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:31:02 pm »
I prefer all the leisure concepts lifters to the cover caddy.

if you are concerned about the cover being that high, go with a covermate I or II and you'll get the same effect as the cover caddy, but with a better, easier to use product in my opinion.

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:46:42 pm »
I prefer all the leisure concepts lifters to the cover caddy.

if you are concerned about the cover being that high, go with a covermate I or II and you'll get the same effect as the cover caddy, but with a better, easier to use product in my opinion.

You are a Caldera dealer so you probably have seen the ProLift and PivotPro cover lifts that Caldera offers.  How do these stack up to the Leisure Concepts lifters and how high do each of these leave the cover?

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:46:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42