What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Smooth or textured surface?  (Read 10333 times)

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
Re: Smooth or textured surface?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 10:05:06 am »
Had a textured Sundance, now have smooth Caldera.

Absolutely no doubt textured is safer. So while we would have preferred textured, it was not significant enough to influence our decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 10:05:06 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 06:30:32 pm »
I came THIS CLOSE to buying a floor model textured shell tub at a substantial discount...but the deal fell through for reasons I clearly stated months ago...so when I found myself looking at shiny, pretty NEW tubs, I threw caution to the wind and went hog wild with the pearlescent smooth finish. We are careful when getting in, and I haven't personally had any slips, near slips, near falls, etc....but my hubby, whose got a higher center of gravity (and has eyes that are farther away from the ground than I) has done a few minor slips without the harsh landing. I'll have to tell him to be more careful, as I don't want to see him getting hurt in the tub....that would be ROUGH getting him out, after all...might scratch the shell!! ;)

Anyhow, I really LIKE the smooth finish...yes, we see water spots and the like, but as was pointed out to me early on - we can SEE when it's dirty. (I don't really want to soak in a dirty tub....)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 06:30:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42