What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotspring Special Financing 0% for 12 months?  (Read 9626 times)

cburk0677

Hotspring Special Financing 0% for 12 months?
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:37:36 pm »
I was surfing hotsprings site and noticed that they are offering 12 months 0% interest. I think the offer expires sometime in July.

Does hotspring offer these financing deals annually? I'm curious because my wife and I are currently saving to put in a patio and hottub and our plan is to put in both of these items next summer.

I am hoping to get some kind of 0% financing deal next summer for the hottub. I was going to put in a patio this summer but I had no idea how expensive it can be. Even with doing all the work my myself it is going to cost over $4,000 to put in a brick paver patio. I figured out the cost per square foot to do the work myself will be about $6-7  I got quotes from contractors and they ranged from $14-$21 per square foot. I'm sorry but I'm not paying $10k to put in a patio. If I did that I couldn't afford a tub too, lol ;D  I'm only 29 so I figure I can handle the hard work plus I have some friends who I can round up for the digging which I'm sure is the most intense part.

By the way keep posting the patio pictures they are giving me some great ideas.

Cburk
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

Hot Tub Forum

Hotspring Special Financing 0% for 12 months?
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:37:36 pm »

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Hotspring Special Financing 0% for 12 months?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:43:29 pm »
I am sure one of the many informative dealers can help answer the question regarding Hotspring financing. I do think many of the manufacturers offer financing like this frequently. If you need to finance don't rule out a possible home equity line, you may be able to deduct the interest on your taxes.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 01:45:21 pm »
I bought my tub from a HS dealer this time last year, and they offered no special financing.

Thanks for quoting the costs of the patio. I wanted to ask a few folks what it ran them, but was hesitent.

$21/ft2 installed. ouch.  I was thinking of about 1200 sq feet. maybe I'll re-think that plan and double check my mumbers.
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:47:14 pm »
They have offered it each of the last two years around this time.  Dealers are not obligated to participate but we offer it to our customers.  I believe last year they even did 18 months same as cash.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cburk0677

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »
Well I would prefer not to finance but by my calculations by next June we will have around $8,000 saved up. I would much prefer to have the hottub and patio put in early summer so we can enjoy it all summer long. The $8k we will have saved up will be actually from Jan 2007-May 2007 so even if we finance the hottub my goal is to have it paid off by the end of 2007. Right now we are working hard to pay off one of our cars and some other debt. This should all be taken care of by Dec 31st of this year.

I'm not sure what model of tub to get but I know I want hotspring. There is a dealer only 10 mins from my house. I am thinking either grandee or vanguard as I don't really care about a lounger. I want to get a tub big enough to have a bunch of friends over and hot have people squished.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 02:15:30 pm »
They have offered it each of the last two years around this time.  Dealers are not obligated to participate but we offer it to our customers.  I believe last year they even did 18 months same as cash.

Terminator

Does HS pick up the tab for this financing or is it up to the individual dealers? Do most pass this cost on to the consumer or absorb it? What's your rate on a 12 month deferral?

Steve

cburk0677

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 02:40:44 pm »
Term- Thanks for the info.

Drewstar- yes patios can get expensive quick. 1200 square feet is going to cost you a lot of dough.

I plan on using UniLock pavers.

They have a great website.
http://www.unilock.com/Home.asp?UserType=Consumer&Region=2

We are thinking about using the Canterbury pavers in the Sierra color.
http://www.unilock.com/Product.asp?Product=149

There are a lot of things to consider when building a patio. You first have to excavate 6-8 inches of earth. Then put down crushed stone and compact it. Then a one inch layer of sand and level it as perfect as you can.  Then lay the pavers on top of that. So not only do you have to pay for the pavers you have to buy the sand and gravel. Rent a compactor not to mention either diging out the base with a bobcat or shovel. If I was building a patio for someone else I would charge a lot also as it is a ton of work.

Here is a link to patio and pool ideas on their site:
http://www.unilock.com/InstallDetail.asp?DGCategory=Residential&Type=Patio

http://www.unilock.com/InstallDetail.asp?Type=Pool

anne

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 02:56:23 pm »
If you dont have your heart set on pavers, perhaps consider flagstone. It can still be pricey, depending on what you like, but installing it is a bit more forgiving than doing pavers, if you are doing it yourself. It cost me about $1500 to put in 130 sq ft of flagstone patio with another 100 sq ft "bed" for the spa. The tub itself sits on gravel (but you could do concrete) That $1500 includes renting a sod cutter, all the rock, gravel and sand and lumber.

Mine is not level, except where the spa sits. That was my choice, as I had a difference between the level of the house foundation where flagstone and concrete would meet and the level that I was willing to dig out for a flat spa base. I was lazy, and did not want to dig out that much.  

The flagstone I bought was $0.26 per pound, and there are varieties that are as low as $0.10 per pound, at least in my area.

Good luck!
Dance like nobody's watching

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 03:05:16 pm »
I just got a concrete patio done start-finish by a contractor for $7.25/sq. ft.  Stamped would have been about twice as much, around $14.50/sq. ft.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 03:20:38 pm »
re: "By the way keep posting the patio
pictures they are giving me some great ideas"

My side/front patio: Stamped Concrete

My back patio/tub environment:
Still got some landscaping, stepping stone,
and malibu lighting work left.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 03:35:37 pm by Zep »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 03:25:48 pm »
gorgeous!!

:o :o :o :o
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 03:29:41 pm »
Does HS pick up the tab for this financing or is it up to the individual dealers? Do most pass this cost on to the consumer or absorb it? What's your rate on a 12 month deferral?

Wow. Lots of questions!

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 04:28:01 pm »
Wow. Lots of questions!

::)

And I'm not even playing 20 questions thankfully!  ;D
Don't be shy about them... ;)

Steve

anne

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 04:28:42 pm »
The deck around the tub and the fence look great together, and I love the stamped concrete.
Dance like nobody's watching

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »
Agreed, the stamped concrete looks phenominal!  How do you like it thus far?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 04:55:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42