What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How long to wait to hear from dealer?  (Read 3570 times)

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
How long to wait to hear from dealer?
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:40:48 am »
Okay, it is 3 1/2 weeks to the day since I ordered my spa. When the order was placed I was told 3 to 3 1/2 weeks, they even wrote it on the sales slip. How long do I wait to call the dealer for a status? I sent an email last week and they had no ETA which worried me a little. Hubby says I am a total pain in the A*@ and that I should just wait until we hear from them. I know I am impatient but what is reasonable?

Hot Tub Forum

How long to wait to hear from dealer?
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:40:48 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: How long to wait to hear from dealer?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:46:30 am »
I don't think you are being unreasonable. The dealer set the expectation of 3.5 weeks.

I would think they could give you a status.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Anoroc

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 12:01:48 pm »
It took mine four weeks to be delivered to the dealer and another week before I got it.

I called on status several times becaue they told me three weeks.

Give them a call!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 09:45:25 pm by anaroc »

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:12:52 pm »
I was told 3 weeks for mine.  After 4, I called them and they said there would be a delay.  I finally got mine 5 weeks after I ordered.  A lot of circumstances that the dealer can't control.
'06 Majesta

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:27:01 pm »
I guess my issue is lack of communication. I understand unforeseen delays but I expect feedback. I am IT Purchasing Manager and deal with production,manufacturer, and shipping delays constantly. To Drewstar's point the dealer set the expectation of the 3-3.5 weeks. I just hope they did not say that knowing full well it would be much longer.

I also understand that I am totally anxious at this point so I am trying to make a conscience effort and not be unreasonable ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:27:10 pm »
Okay, it is 3 1/2 weeks to the day since I ordered my spa. When the order was placed I was told 3 to 3 1/2 weeks, they even wrote it on the sales slip. How long do I wait to call the dealer for a status? I sent an email last week and they had no ETA which worried me a little. Hubby says I am a total pain in the A*@ and that I should just wait until we hear from them. I know I am impatient but what is reasonable?

If you haven't called yet, a call at the "suggested" time would not be out of line and your dealer probably has dozens of customers who have called ten times before their due date.  That said, when so many things are beyond thier control and factory issues, sales guys frequently have no trouble setting dates.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:27:50 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:11:14 pm »
When I called my dealer to get a status I was surprised to hear him tell me it had just come in on a truck the night before!  Yippee!!!  It was right at the 4 week mark and we were told about 4-5 weeks.  Were totally expecting it to take closer to the 5 weeks or beyond.  

I think that if you just call and say you're anxious and it's been 3.5 weeks, but feels like 3.5 months because you are so excited and you just wanted to see if they knew approximately when the tub would arrive, they should not mind giving you a status report.  

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 11:14:14 pm »
Just call 'em. Maybe they're waiting for you to call. No really, it shouldn't offend them. There is probably just a couple people there that can give you the ETA info you're looking for. Be sure to ask who that person(s) is.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:32:17 pm »
I was waiting for a tub to show up and the dealer never called.  I waited 3 months and the dealer said, "I was wondering when you were going to call!"

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 02:41:08 pm »
Thanks everyone. I called and it is "on the truck in transit". They will call and schedule when it arrives. Hopefully not too much longer :)

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 01:05:36 am »
I say don't ever hesitate to call a dealer.  How will they know what you are thinking if you don't tell them?  I would be cordial in my call, but if you have a question only they can answer...ask!  You are spending good money with them, most dealers will not mind you calling.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 01:05:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42