What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: sorta interesting energy use info  (Read 1696 times)

anne

sorta interesting energy use info
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »
I have kept an eye on my energy bill since getting the tub, and the bottom line is that it costs "a little more" but I dont know quite how much. Not enough more than I'm worried about it after spending a few minutes studying it.  At first I was worried that there was something wrong b/c my bills were up $60-70 compared to last year, but so are energy costs. This is SO not scientific, but here it is:

Month    Increase in KWH/day(compared to '05)
December           2kwh (no tub yet)
January               5kwh (no tub yet)
February             9 kwh (no tub yet!)
March                  5kwh (with tub)
April                    9 kwh (with tub)
May                     7 kwh (wiht tub)

So........february was particularly cold this year- that might explain the increase with no tub, since the house is heated with electricity. Otherwise, I'm thinking that I have 5-9 kwh/day, or 150-270kwh/month more energy use with the tub. That would be $21-$38/month at my electricity costs right now. FWIW........ :)
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

sorta interesting energy use info
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
Re: sorta interesting energy use info
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:13:09 pm »
Neat - thanks anne.  I'm going to keep an eye on mine as well the next few months, almost everything in my house is gas so my bills should show a pretty big difference, especially if we have a cool summer and I don't have to run the A/C much.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:12:30 pm »
I used about 500 KWH per month on my tub during fall/winter, it's my increase from without the tub. I'll see this summer how much I use.

Of course it's very unscientific as the kids leave everything else on in the house as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:12:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42